• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Northern Europe Wanted: FP11 for a PDP11/45

Covers: Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Ireland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Iceland

pdpKris

So it looks like i'll be acquiring a PDP11/45 in January but unfortunately it's missing its FP11 floating point module. If anyone knows where to source one, i'd be very interested.

Thanks in advance!

I’m surprised no one has attempted to recreate one yet. Kind of like a Unibone except for the processor bus.

I do know where there is an FP11 - unfortunately/fortunately (depending upon how you look at it) it is in my 11/45...

Dave

Congrats, did you manage to run SITS on yours yet? I am also looking for a G7273 Grant Continuity card or a replica. There are some on fleaBay but at 50 euros a pop.

So as i learn more about the machinei find out i need various other bits and pieces, some a bit more likely perhaps to find than the FP11. If an admin agrees, could you kindly rename the topic to Wanted: Various bits and pieces for a 11/45?

Turns out i have a A638 4-channel DA card in the machine, so now i'm looking for a A009 A/D card for it. Spacewar anyone? :)

Last edited:
I do know where there is an FP11 - unfortunately/fortunately (depending upon how you look at it) it is in my 11/45...

Dave
which version of the FP11 is this ? am looking for high res pictures of the FP11B and FP11C, which may lead to a solution for our friends looking for FP11s for their own 11/45

As this is your first post, welcome to VCFED.

It's bedtime in the UK, so I will post the information in the next few days.

Dave

I am looking for FP-11B and i can probably provide high-res pictures at some point, since a friend of mine bought the boards that used to me in my machine.

I am building a PDP11/70 from scratch, spinning new boards...
here's the first board, the CPU DAP board (8130).
FP11-B and FP11-C boards will be in the same form

Attachments

• M8130-v1.large.jpeg
    M8130-v1.large.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
Well, if an FP11-B (like Dave has) were to be made, then I would be interested! I have a KB11-A, which takes such a thing. The module utilization chart on my box says:

FXP: M8113
FRM: M8112
FRL: M8115
FRH: M8114

Regards,
Michael

The 11/45 floating point unit is different to the 11/34 floating point unit I am afraid.

But full marks for posting the link though. You never know, someone may want an 11/34 FPU though...

Dave

Back