• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Well, it looks like I'll be the proud owner of a vintage North Star Horizon

WBST

Veteran Member
A regular "blast from the past" reminding me of my days and nights hunched over my Televideo terminal, Oki Microline 92 printer and Morrow Designs Decision I S-100 bus system (capital outlay >$2500).

It all looks VERY dusty (good, 'cos no-one's messed with it) and built to last, as things were back then. Shipping across the pond is going to be a trial, as the external HD is a metre square and weighs 70lbs. A diversion via Wisconsin from a Quebec back-woods area is in order, then a consildator for surface shipping is likely the next move.

I lieu of North Star's proprietary software, what are the best locations/sites for obtaining CPM v2.2 software, guys? As I've not worked with that since the late '80s and I progressed to a PS/2 Model 80-111.

I have plenty of N* hard-sectored diskettes and I'll be happy to make you some N* DOS and CP/M diskettes. Let me know when you have your hands on the machine.

I briefly had a Morrow Decision I which I bought because it could handle both hard and soft-sectored disks as well as 8 inchers. Now I have my Sol-20 with N* controller and drives as well as a Horizon.

Back