Which *NIX is best for you?

• REDHAT or Fedora GNU/Linux

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Commercial UNIX

• GNU/HURD

• Total voters
I'm holding out for Debian's official release of Etch - I want to run an officially sanctioned stable 64-bit build of the mighty OS. Should be plenty of fun.

I have over a gig of MAME games. So much fun. I really get a kick out of how much fun the old programmers could cram into a few ROMs.

I'm holding out for Debian's official release of Etch - I want to run an officially sanctioned stable 64-bit build of the mighty OS. Should be plenty of fun.

I'll probably backup all the files on my server, modify the apt sources file, then just "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" from Sarge to Etch. You've just got to love Debian! ;-)

I have over a gig of MAME games. So much fun. I really get a kick out of how much fun the old programmers could cram into a few ROMs.

I haven't tried MAME yet, I've read quite a bit about it. Perhaps I'll install it on my test machine, just so I don't mess up my main workstation. Right now my priority is getting bind setup and running, so I can host a couple of domains on my local server.

Microsft Xenix 3 for the Tandy 6000 is the *NIX of choice for me. After that comes the Debian varients.

Debian Etch should be quite nice; just dist-upgraded my Ultra2 and everything went as smooth as can be. If Etch is that far along on a minor arch... ;)

However I really want to try getting a full 64bit enviroment on it, and with the new drive I have on the way it's going to be Gentoo time!

Back