• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

Your Favorite Tandy Portable

Your Favorite Tandy Portable

• Total voters

patscc

Veteran Member
Tandy model 600

Tandy model 600

The model 600 of course.
Who else but RatShack would come out with something in late '85 that uses a 8088 clocked at 3 Mhz and isn't the least bit compatible with the PC.
Also, they decided to broaden the appeal of this gizmo by making it *heavier* than the 10x & 200's.

patscc

curtis

Veteran Member
It's definitely the 600! Interesting design, poor marketing, almost impossible to expand, over priced...What's not to love?

kb2syd

Veteran Member
I'm with you guys on the 600. You can read the disks in an MS-DOS machine by the way. I also think the OS was by Micro$oft.

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Definitely a slab. Any clamshell is a bit awkward to actually use on-the-fly, held in one hand, typing with the other. I'm not even sure the 1400 should be on the list, it's more of a luggable in size & weight. And how come the Zoomer ain't on the list?

--T

TandyMan100

Veteran Member
Definitely a slab. Any clamshell is a bit awkward to actually use on-the-fly, held in one hand, typing with the other. I'm not even sure the 1400 should be on the list, it's more of a luggable in size & weight. And how come the Zoomer ain't on the list?

--T
What's a zoomer?

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
I don't either, but I'd like one too, as much for historical reasons (Jeff Hawkins) as for kewl-factor. I do have it's bastard step-sibling, the HP OmniGo, which shares the same OS, GEOS, but also incorporates a keyboard. The worst(?) of both worlds.

--T