• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help Identifying this Case/computer

JettQ

New one here, from Prince Edward Island presently but shortly moving to Winnipeg, Canada. In preparing to move I discovered an old computer I used to use years ago and I wonder if it's of any value/use to anyone. I do not collect computers but have a strong aversion to trashing anything manufactured/engineered. I can hardly throw out nuts, bolts and washers.. yes, yes, I've heard of OCD. Anyway this computer is pretty old and I'm hoping someone might be good enough to help me identify what it is and let me know if it's useful or if I should indeed trash it. I've taken photos of it but don't know if I am supposed to post them here. Can someone advise please? Big thanks

Photos of computer

Photos of computer

Thanks for this. Here's the photos:
computerall.jpg

computerback.jpg

computerfront.jpg

computerfront2.jpg

computerfront3.jpg

Attachments

• computerall.jpg
    computerall.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1
it is just a pc clone... i built several with that case back in the early 90s...

probably a 386 or 486....

later,
Chris

Nooo.... don't send it to the scrapheap! it's not vintage by the forums standards, but older computers work great for playing old DOS games...

Nice case. I agree with ahm - it would make a great player. Chuck(G)'s woodgrain idea is cool too. Anyway, before you know it, it'll be vintage. :)

I think it's seriously cute, I've not seen one like it anywhere. Upgrade the mothrboard, and use it as an alternative ghetto blaster.

I dunno about 'cute'... I don't think it's a very pretty case, although it would probably look a lot better if it was cleaned up. Still, it's a very interesting case.

I'd kinda like to see how all those controls and ports are hooked up internally. Does it have some sort of separate controller board that hooks up to a normal sound card, or what?

Any one got the model and make of that computer?

I am looking for a 486 and I really like the potential of that case. I think it would look pretty damn good cleaned up. I'd love to get my hands on one of 'em.

Agree. That is a nice case. Shipping from Canada to Ohio would be pretty expensive though.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

JettQ,

You could post it on our local marketplace page for whatever price without any listing charges unlike ebay, etc. I think it's a nice little case that someone may end up wanting. I love the voltage checks. I've seen some cool advanced cases before but never that hardcore.

As others have said, it could even be a nice multimedia system or just a classic gaming system (surprisingly even folks on ebay are getting to sell their older systems for a $50-$70 + shipping as an old dos gaming box). To be honest I'm surprised and should probably do the same for some of my non-collectible systems as well.

- John

Noo, Noo, don't junk it. I want it. I live northwest of Winnipeg and have a nephew there who I know would be willing to store it for me, or send it up here. I've sent you an e-mail.

And again. Welcome to Manitoba.

Lawrence

That is one of the most awesome PC cases I've ever seen in my life. Right up there with the GEM 386. the fact there is an output meter for the speakers, and proper controls across the bottom for sound, makes it a really interesting case.

Back