• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

aaron7: Thanks. I've tried that one before, but since you said it's the best one, I just went and tried it again. It definitely does the job. Just a little slowly. Maybe one of these days I'll write my own.

Anyway, while I was playing with searchtempest, I found someone in the Denver area who's selling a lot of Amigas (4 of them) and a Video Toaster. He has extra gear too. So if there are any Amiga collectors in Colorado, get your butts over to Craigslist. (His prices sound high to me, but maybe he'll negotiate.)

I'm jealous. The only thing I saw in my part of the country was a bunch of people offering to BUY everybody's gaming stuff.

Peter: I never even thought of using Yahoo to search for something! :) Unfortunately, I can't access Yahoo on my laptop till after 11 pm because I put a blocker on my browser so I wouldn't go over there and watch stock prices. So now I go to Google Finance instead... Unintended consequences.

Last edited:
On eBay rather than CL, but if you're in or around northeast PA, here's a Tandy CM-11 CGA monitor for local pickup only:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141165529797

The same seller had a Tandy 1000TL/3 listed, but he did not accept my reasonable offer on it, and has decided to part it out instead -- and says whatever parts don't sell are going to get recycled.

I guess he's the kind of guy who would rather get nothing, than get 85% of what he was asking -- but at least his price on the CM-11 is reasonable, if you're in the area.

On eBay rather than CL, but if you're in or around northeast PA, here's a Tandy CM-11 CGA monitor for local pickup only:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141165529797

The same seller had a Tandy 1000TL/3 listed, but he did not accept my reasonable offer on it, and has decided to part it out instead -- and says whatever parts don't sell are going to get recycled.

I guess he's the kind of guy who would rather get nothing, than get 85% of what he was asking -- but at least his price on the CM-11 is reasonable, if you're in the area.

That's a nice looking monitor.

Great job Grandpa Frank! :D I have been really busy with 2 leaks in my house: a toilet reservoir and a skylight. :(

Unfortunately with the "x lbs of" entries it sounds like they're familiar with scrappers. Best luck to them but yeah lots of newer obsolete but not collectible gear.

Yep: there is a computer store with a lot of similar "junk" 5 minutes from my house. Very stubborn owner who is wasting rent on dead inventory.

Sometimes these people are hoarders; there was a used software/computer store that finally closed near my location, and I lobbied for months to help the owner find good homes for his collectible inventory (Amiga, C64, Apple, Mac). 18 months of dropping by every quarter to say hi and reiterate my services... nothing. Store closed and I have no idea what happened to it all.

Back