• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by 84TAVeRT

1. 8

Vote for me to win an upgrade :)

I work on people's computers as a side job. As well as collect old computers that some people consider junk. Well I often use my spare parts to upgrade computers i am working on at no extra cost. This is a way for me to bless others while doing something I enjoy. I have entered a competition...
  2. 8

well i decided to build a server :)

Server Specs: old Full Tower AT/ATX case 400watt ATX PSU /w ATX->AT adapter Dell 286-8 motherboard /w 1mb ram & 80287-8 coprocessor Trident VGA card 512k Adaptec 1542b SCSI/Floppy controller Creative SB16 /w wavetable chip Intel Pro100 ISA network card 4x SCSI CDROM 3gb SCSI Hard drive going to...
  3. 8

testing testing testing...

yup that is right... i get to test a bunch of computer parts tonight :) just trying to decide what computer to test them in... i was thinking the 486 since i need to test isa and pci cards... gotta test a couple of sound cards and a couple video cards... ahh the fun... SB16 SBpro2 SBAWE64...
  4. 8

what is a z80 cpu card good for

i have come to the conclusion that the extra card in my new to me XT clone is a z80 cpu card... anyone know what it is good for? thanks, Chris
  5. 8

i am thinking about building some power adapter cables

i noticed that AT and XT psu units are starting to get difficult to find, so i am planning to make myself some test cables from a couple of burned up psu units... basically, I am going to use an ATX power supply extension cable, then add the connectors for the XT and AT and a power switch to...
  6. 8

got a complete 8088 yesterday...

case similar to ibm 8088 (PC-Connection) FD-1000 label 2 - 1/2 height 360k floppy drives full height black block off plate cga video card with 2 composite outputs the motherboard is a bit weird, has built on floppy serial and parallel... and what appears to be a scsi header and 2 floppy drive...
  7. 8

i am getting another xt clone

looks just like an ibm, but the little sticker says pc-tech or something like that... i believe it has 2 floppies and a hard drive... but i wont know for sure till i go look at it... oh yeah... it comes with a monochrome monitor too :) later, Chris
  8. 8

got a new rig today

it is an Acer 486 DX2-66 i have already upgraded it to 32mb ram... it currently has: 32mb ram (expandable to 64mb) 200mb HD (gonna try an 8gb drive with maxblast software) cdrw drive (gonna upgrade to dvd-rom) 4mb cirrus logic pci vga card 12mb voodoo2 card 16-bit isa ne2000 net card (might...
  9. 8

commodore colt dip switches

does anyone have the dip switch settings for the colt composite output... i am trying to use a tv for a monitor on it... it is a pc10-III board... i sold my vga card and now i need to test some 16-bit cards for 8-bit compatiblity thanks, Chris
  10. 8

486 Dx4-100 Planar all-in-one computer

well spending time on this forum has gotten me thinkin... I want to get my DOS 6.22 computer back up and running... Processor: AMD 486 DX4-100 Memory: 16mb (4x4mb 30pin Simms) Drive: 2gb Toshiba Laptop Drive Video: 256 color 640x480 VGA LCD 1mb Sound: Integrated Crystal Sound Chip (SB/SBPRO...
  11. 8

old gaming box

my old gaming box from around 1998 dual ppro 180mhz overclocked to 200mhz dual boot win95 and winnt 4.0 Diamond Stealth 3D 4mb pci video card 12mb Voodoo2 (STB BlackMagic) IDE 850mb harddrive (win95) SCSI 3gb harddrive (winnt4) 2 SCSI 4x CD-Roms Soundblaster 16 Full Tower ATX case with 350watt...
  12. 8

FS: old computer parts (cheap)

commodore colt parts: motherboard & power supply /w half of the housing $10 IBM m57 Ultimedia... (minus the sound card) ibm ps2 m57 case $20 2.88mb floppy drive $5 1.2mb floppy drive $5 (without trim plate unless you buy the case too or have a blank to trade) 200mb scsi hard drive $10...
  13. 8

WANTED: commodore colt case

I am looking for the case for a commodore colt... for a project for my dad... here is a photo of what i am looking for... http://www.digibarn.com/collections/systems/commodore-colt/index.html this is what my dad's first ibm compatible was and i am wanting to build him something special for...
  14. 8

i just got some free software

i don't need it, but i thought someone on here might be able to use it... AIX 4.3.3 5765-c34 (i don't have any hardware that will run it) oracle8i Server (30-day trial) for AIX systems Intel LanDesk Server Manager v2.8 with LSC5 FiberSIM/CATIA (v3.1,v3.3, v3.4) Catia Solutions V4 R2.0...
  15. 8

IBM PS/2 Ultimedia M57 486slc2 parts

I am parting out this ultimedia... good motherboard with microchannel riser 486 slc2-50 <-- Edited to reflect actual speed 8mb ram 200mb SCSI HD 4x SCSI CDrom with carrier microchannel sound board (stock for ultimedia) Good Stock PSU all cables are included I am keeping the ultimedia front...
Back