• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by BlueofRainbow

1. B

Dr. Dobb's Journal - Scanned Covers?

I encountered Dr. Dobb's Journal in late 1990/early 1991 and remember it fondly. I noted a few archives of Byte Magazine covers on the web and I am wondering if there is a similar archive of Dr. Dobb's Journal covers around?
  2. B

Seeking expression of interest - XT to PIII Class Systems and Peripherals

OK - After years of indecision and lack of spare time to complete wishful projects, it is now time to deal with the accumulated stuff. Some was intercepted on the road to e-recycling. Some was purchased, tested, and put aside awaiting spare time to play with. I am located in the Greater...
  3. B

Wish list items

Hello all, It's been a long time since I have visited these forums - remembering my password was a bit tricky! I have a number of vintage projects started a long time ago and I have to assess whether I will ever be able to bring them to completion. I am missing bits and pieces to complete...
  4. B

Early Lapt Docking Stations (Two of Them - NEC Ultralite)

Greetings, I had intercepted two (2) docking stations which I presume were for NEC Ultralite as it is what is shown on the box containing them. This was for a project now long abandoned (using them as micro-systems by inserting a small motherboard). They are black, bear a NEC logo, and one of...
  5. B

DEC Celebris 6200/GL Single vs. Dual

This is about a Pentium PRO system and thus may/may not belong in this category. I have a DEC Celebris 6200/GL Low-Profile Desktop system which works sufficiently well to boot and install BeOS R5. One nag is that I installed on a 8.5 GB hard drive and now have to deal with the nasty 8.5 GB...
  6. B

Inmos Transputer - TRAMs and Boards (Not Mines)

Inmos had developed the "Transputer" concept back in the 1980s and the name conveys the whole signification of the concept - building a powerfull computer using "in-expensive" commodity parts linked together via high speed serial interfaces. There are currently a number of Transputer related...
  7. B

Vintage Acorn Atom computer - Boxed on eBay.uk!!!

Passing this one on to those who may be interested and have the pockets deep enough for it (and worldwide shipping). Rare to see one of these in what appears to be an excellent condition and also shipping worldwide. Vintage Acorn Atom computer - Boxed!!! Seller: joro-42 ( 2117) Ending: March...
  8. B

DEC PDP 11/34 Rack System with RK05 Drives on eBay (Not Mine)

Passing this one on for those who may be interested. Less then 24 hours to go at the time of this posting. DEC PDP 11/34 Rack System with RK05 Drives Seller: phrz ( 473) Ending: March 28th, 2010 Item number: 330415307738 Item location: Arvada, CO, United States Ships to: Local pick-up only
  9. B

EZ-Drive modifed IDE Hard-Drive - Default HD Parameters

Helllo all, I have a 486 for which I had set-up a larger than 512 Mb IDE hard-drive using EZ-Drive. The CMOS battery has been exhausted and the sticky note on which the default parameters entered in the CMS got separated from the system. Of course, can't boot from the hard-drive anymore. Is...
  10. B

muMATH-83 (MS-DOS)

As probably many of you, I lack focus and get involved into too many things. Through one of these e-relationships, I have been made aware of an inquiry for an archive copy of muMATH-83 and related material? The person in question has been a long time user and has mis-placed his own diskettes...
  11. B

Geocities closing-down October 26th

Not really a news in it-self as this was first announced a few months ago. A recent reminder on FreeDOS raised the question about potentially archiving in some form the DOS related pages. At the very least, it was suggested to download ones favorite programs/utilities normally found there to a...
  12. B

Acorn A7000 - UK!

Hello All, There is a fairly complete Acorn A7000 system available on eBay-U.K.: Item 220486606336 - Ending Oct. 4th, 2009. Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean and that the Concorde no longer does the shuttle UK - North America in a few hours! :) Humour aside, this is one of...
  13. B

Hobbit BeBox

Hi, A different kind of vintage machine currently available. Not sure how to add the link here so I just provide the listing title and number: Hobbit BeBox - Rare BeOS Prototype Item number: 300287672391 If you know a bit of the history of Be and its BeOS, then this machine might be...
  14. B

Juko ST-12 - 1024 kb Memory

Hi, Quite some time ago I picked up a number of Juko ST-12 motherboard from a "deleted bin". These PC/XT Motherboards show locations for 1024 kb of memory installed. I also picked-up comments from the web that these can use the memory above 640 kb as EMS. However, I don't have confirmation...
  15. B

Canon, Sansumg and Sony dye sublimation ribbons

Hi, I've been looking at compact photo printers - notably the dye sublimation kind from Canon and Samsung. I know that there are some Sony ones out there but have not encountered them on display. Anyways, it does appear that the same manufacturing plant makes the printer mechanism and ribbon...
Back