• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by FunctionalLimits

1. F

Wanted: IBM RT PC. Dead or Alive.

Even just a few choice parts of an RT machine would be great. Several months ago, I found the remains of what I surmise were 2 RT systems, but their cases, system boards, power supplies, and various other organs and limbs had already met a grisly fate. I managed to salvage the processor boards...
  2. F

Apple II Plus motherboard

Anybody know where I can find a high-quality image (line drawing, photo, whatever) of an Apple II Plus motherboard? Ideally I'd like it to be plan view (bird's-eye view). I just want to map the board. Thanks!
  3. F

USAF COM-TRAN 10 Trainer

Not quite the same, and from a different branch of the armed services, but still very neat: a trainer used by the US Navy, circa 1970. This one is actually being offered for sale. I think I might have the manual for this. Too bad I can't afford the machine to go with the book. :-/...
  4. F

IBM InfoWindow 3476

Any desire out there for an IBM InfoWindow terminal with keyboard? It appears to be functional but isn't fully tested (no System/36 or AS/400 to which to connect!). It's located in the Knoxville, TN, area but can be shipped (figure approx. 30 lbs.). Please let me know if you feel even a glimmer...
  5. F

Intel 387 SX on a 40-pin SIMM

This is really just one of those idle-curiosity questions... I've found a 387SX mounted on a little PCB with a 40-pin SIMM connector. The PCB is labeled "NUMERIC SIMM." Does anybody know what device(s) used this?
  6. F

IBM 5160 - Dishwasher time?

I recently got an IBM 5160 from a local recycler. (Yes, apparently people are still taking these things to the recycler!) The exterior of the box looked pretty clean, so I figured it would be a quick and pleasant little weekend project to open it up, inspect it, get rid of the dust bunnies, and...
  7. F

Olivetti P-602

I'm looking for documentation or any other info on the Olivetti P-602. This creature is the direct descendant of the Programma 101. My Web searches haven't unearthed much useful info.
  8. F

Visual Commuter floppy drive question

I'm trying to find out the mfr.(s)/model #(s) for the original 5.25" floppy drives that were in the Visual Commuter. TIA.
  9. F

ESD Mats

For anyone interested, there's a clearance on some of the ESD mats at All-Spec. There's a nice medium-duty 24" x 36" mat for $12.11, which is a really good deal. https://www.all-spec.com/products/SRW100R.html Note: It's a bit stinky when you first open it, but after a couple of days it's fine...
  10. F

Tandy 1000 TX system

Would anybody be interested in a Tandy 1000-TX with CM-5 monitor and keyboard? The 1000-TX is basically a 1000-SX with a 80286 microprocessor. This system is located in NE Mass, near Maine. Asking price is $50 OBO for all; the owner (not me) is willing to ship. I'm sorry I don't have pictures...
  11. F

WTB: EPROM Eraser

Just looking for a basic desktop EPROM eraser in working condition. Thanks.
  12. F

The SX-64 keyboard cable that everybody lost

Would anybody here who actually has the original keyboard cable for the SX-64 be willing to give me the dimensions of the enclosures around the connectors at each end? And maybe share a few detailed photos with me? I'm making a cable for an SX-64, and I've decided to try reproducing the two...
  13. F

Xerox 820-II 8" Rigid Disk Drive - interest?

This is just an initial inquiry to see if anybody here at the forum might be interested in an 8" rigid disk drive for the Xerox 820-II. I've located one, but it's in California and I'm in NY. There is no set price; the seller will accept a reasonable offer. I don't know yet how thoroughly it has...
  14. F

Testing Apple IIc Monitor

I'd like to test an Apple IIc CRT monitor, but I have no other Apple equipment of any kind. I know the monitor would take composite video input from the computer it was designed to accompany. Does that mean I can give it any NTSC composite video input (e.g., from a VCR) to test it? Thanks!
  15. F

Possible PDP 11/23

Would anybody here be interested in a PDP 11/23? It looks as if one might be available (for sale) in the Midwest. So far, it appears that the system includes two RL01 drives and the following cards: KDF11-A M8186 - CPU MSV11-D M8044-DB - 32K 16-bit MOS RAM MSV11-D M8044-DC - 32K 16-bit...
Back