• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Jack.

1. J

WinNT/AXP Software

/* TL;DR Where can I find WinNT/AXP software and VCPP 6.0 AXP? Most links dead/bad dumps :( */ Hello everyone, it's been a while. Sadly I had to put aside computers, due to time constraints. I've been playing around with my machines for the last two weeks or so, and the one I still enjoy the...
  2. J

Colani HighScreen BlueNote II - ROM Password

Hello! I acquired a perfectly working Colani HighScreen BlueNote II :D Sadly it asks me for a ROM password, as the NVRAM is gone. The BIOS is an AMBIOS labeled 41-0000-009999-00111111-060692-VER-P10, from 1992 Can anyone help me? Thanks, kind regards! ~Jack
  3. J

Cleaning out - Some things for sale

A brief note to the mods: I've read the guidelines and I guess i'm not breaking any rules by linking my eBay auctions here. If i'm doing, feel free to moderate my posts and even delete the thread, but please send me a PM and explain me things. Else, just delete this little headnote in italic...
  4. J

IBM System/36 5363 - Is it worth my time and money getting it to boot?

Hi all! :p I'm the (lucky?) owner of a 5363 that came in bad physical condition, but with darn good electronics. I couldn't see a single thing that was wrong in electronics and even if i have not tested it yet i'm confident it'll work like a charm (i'm gonna make a 3-D painting with it if it...
  5. J

Please help me get my beloved VAX online...

Hi guys. I know this may sound like a stupid question, but... How the hell do i get my MicroVAX 3300 online? I have a standard modem with RJ11 ports and a CentreCOM 210TS Transceiver between the AUI port in my VAX and the RJ11 cable. Neither my LANCE (ESA0) nor my modem seems to communicate with...
  6. J

IBM RS/6k 7248 43P-100 - SMS Floppy and NetBSD *HELP!*

Hi guys. I've been trying to put NetBSD on this beast for a while but... 1. I need SMS dusk image, and i don't seem to be able to download it from IBM website. I beg anyone to send it to me if they have it... 2. NetBSD won't start neither from floppy or cdrom. Actually AIX is happily runninng...
  7. J

WTB: Sun DIN-8 keyboard and mouse

Hi guys, i've plenty of Sun machines but happen to have just one kb/mouse... It's annoying. Does anyone here have some to give me? Thanks, Jack
  8. J

HP GSC VGA Accelerated proto board?

Guys... What am i looking at? This was in the C110 and i was cleaning it because it was filthy, that's when i realized there were odd pencil marks there and the "PROTO" tag on the heatsinked chip. It seems to be non working either in my C110 and D220. GSC boards are rare by themselves, but...
  9. J

Help with VMS hobbyist license.

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but how can i get legal and free VMS hobbyist license? Thanks in advance guys, Jack.
  10. J

I bet you'll never understand what this is.

Hehe.
  11. J

CPTEX80 - What the hell is this?

It popped up on eBay Italy... http://www.ebay.it/itm/RETROCOMPUTER-Cptex-80-microprocessore-Z80-vintage-retrocomputing-ST-Cpu-Z-80-/321270535779?pt=Vintage_Apple_Macintosh&hash=item4acd375663&_uhb=1 Has anyone else seen something like this :confused:? It seems awesomly cool. But 60 bucks are...
  12. J

FX!32 and other NT4/Alpha software

Hi there, Does anyone on the forum have FX!32 or other NT4/Alpha software? I'd love to get Visual studio 6 and some other tools up and running on my PWS 500a but i can't found much software lying around, unfortunately... Thanks in advance, Jack
  13. J

Good price for ST6356B1/UE

I wanted to sell this IC (St Microelectronics ST6356B1/UE) i scavenged form a broken TV and wanted to know if i could make some money from it. Does anyone know if it's worth something? Thanks!
  14. J

VT Cables

I built my "HackMJ" cables with RJ11 telephone cables i had lying around. They are the cheapest thing i've ever did, I just needed to buy the DB9 connector. Here's the pinout; pretty easy. It took me five mins with a crappy soldering iron, and it was my first work ever. Just pay attention to...
  15. J

Windows NT 4.0 SP6a (ALPHA) - can it be installed alone?

...or i need to install all the SPs in order to get it working? May sound like a stupid question, but i can't figure it out... - Thanks in advance, and happy Easter to everyone!
Back