• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Mister_Al

1. M

Apple II ProDOS Help.

I downloaded the ProDOS User's Disk, and using that program's BASIC am able to run assembly language programs that have been saved to a duplicate of the Merlin disk using BRUN. Unfortunately that does not leave me much room for a larger program. Using the ProDOS User's Disk I can format new...
  2. M

Merlin Assembler Problems

Okay, this has been plaguing me for awhile. I downloaded the "Merlin" assembler to learn 6502 assembly, version 1.34. Everything seems to work except for two things: 1. The OBJ command always returns an error during assembly. 2. After assembling a program, using the ORG command to place it at...
  3. M

Apple II Assembly Questions

Been a long time since I've posted here. I have been studying 6502 assembly for several months and now feel comfortable about trying some simple programming. Unfortunately I am having trouble getting an assembler that will work properly (more on that another time) so have been trying some POKES...
  4. M

Need Help With Apple II Merlin

I was able to find a copy of "Merlin Pro Version 1.34" to practice assembly language on Apple II Plus. (All through emulation). I keep entering the sample program included in the instruction manual, which is supposed to ring a bell, but no matter how many times I enter it EXACTLY as it appears...
  5. M

Applesoft Random Maze Generator

1 TEXT : HOME 2 DIM AB(15,15) : DIM BT(64,1) : DIM CS(64,1) : REM MAP/BACK_TRACK/CELLS 3 DIM NC(3,1) : REM NEIGHBOR CELLS 5 C=0 10 FOR Y=0 TO 14 : FOR X=0 TO 14 : READ F 11 AB(X,Y)=F 12 IF F=0 THEN CS(C,0)=X : CS(C,1)=Y : C=C+1 13 NEXT : NEXT 15 GR : COLOR=2 16 HLIN 1,17 AT 1 17 HLIN 1,17 AT...
  6. M

Apple II Merlin Assembler

BASIC is fun, but now that I have a bit more time of on my hands I wanna try my hand at 6502 assembly language. Where can I download the disk image for the Merlin Assembler? I've been told this is the best there is.
  7. M

My Applesoft Breakout-(ROUGH)

I've been doing a little coding each night, and came up with this very rough version of a Breakout clone for Calormen's Java Apple II Emulator. It plays fine, but sometimes the score comes out differently at the end of each game, and there is an occasional 'half-brick' on the side of the well. I...
  8. M

What's A Good Apple II Emulator (For Mac OS)?

While my Apple II Plus awaits repair, I thought I'd give emulation a try, but it is way more complicated than I thought. I downloaded Virtual ][ but can't figure out how to get it to work. Can anyone suggest a decent Apple II emulator for Mac OS, or how to get Virtual ][ working? All I really...
  9. M

Apple II Plus-Fixing Broken Keys

Wonderful. This new Apple II Plus I bought works fine, booting and running, but the 'E' key does not work, and the 'P' key sometimes does not. Is there a way to fix these keys without shipping it to an electronics engineer?
  10. M

Apple II Repair

Well, after all that work, the Apple II I got turned out to be broken. After being hooked up to a monitor (which had been tested), being flipped on, all it does is produce a green wash and horizontal/vertical lines onscreen. Is there anyone here interested in trying to repair it? I am more than...
  11. M

Apple II Plus Power Plug

I just got in my Apple II Plus, but it doesn't have a plug! Does anyone have any advice on how to find one, what kind I need, etcetera?
  12. M

WTB: Apple II Monitor

I just purchased an Apple II Plus and am looking for a decent monitor to go with it. Color is preferred, but I can make do with monochrome. Apart from cash, I can also offer an Apple II 5.25 " Floppy drive. If anyone is interested, please post below.
  13. M

Deskmate for Tandy 1000 RL

My family and I dug our old Tandy 1000 out of the basement a while ago, and after firing it up we found that its battery conked out, and now requires the startup disks for Deskmate. Unfortunately we misplaced them. Anyone have advice on what we should do?
Back