• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by TRS-Ian

1. T

IBM PS/1 386SX (2133) - how to put an atapi IDE CD Rom drive?

Hi everyone, I have an old IBM PS/1 386SX with 2Mb Ram and DOS 6.2, which I'd like to put an IDE CD-Rom in. I've installed the CD-Rom in place of the 5.25in drive, set the drive to slave, the hard drive to Master, added: devicehigh=c:\OAKCDROM.sys /d:MSCD0001 and LH c:\dos\mscdex.exe...
  2. T

TRS-80 Ribbon Cables

I have them back in stock now, custom made to original specs. In a form called the Model III white cable renew kit, replaces all 4 white cables in a Model III for a perfectly reliable computer. Model 4 owners can also use the FDC and RS232 white cables. Cheers, Ian.
  3. T

This Week In TRS-80: Episode 5 (20th December, 2018)

Enjoy! Ian.
  4. T

This Week In TRS-80: Episode 1 (new video series)

This Week In TRS-80: Episode 1 (new video series) ~ Daniel asks about getting sound from his Model III ~ Frank is trying to fix a 4P, it most likely has PSU probs ~ David is trying to match up an EI with his M1, I explain how Enjoy.
  5. T

TRS-80 Trash Talk - Episode 26 - TRS-80 Collecting

Episode 26 is now available! In this episode, we run through the schedule for the upcoming Tandy Assembly 2018, we discuss the 40th anniversary of TRS-80 newsletter "80 US Journal" and we talk in-depth about TRS-80 collecting. http://www.trs80trashtalk.com Thanks for listening! Mav
  6. T

Help with interesting C128 keyboard fault ?

Hi everyone, hello from Tandyland! I have an interesting problem with my C128... I own two... one runs the other doesn't. On the machine that runs, they keyboard has a problem where some keys don't work, some do, and the rest print the wrong character when pressed. I figured it would be the...
  7. T

Model 4 cables

Pics of the cables: Ian.
  8. T

Melb, Au: Vintage computer display on Sunday, includes many TRS-80s

Pictures from today, both TRS-80 and non-TRS-80:
  9. T

Melb, Au: Vintage computer display on Sunday, includes many TRS-80s

For those in Melbourne, Australia. On Sunday I have an exhibit at the Bundoora Computer Market - who wants to come and see me and my display of Model I, 4D, 4P, Coco 2 and other non-Tandy stuff? That's Sunday July 15th at RMIT Bundoora Campus. PM me for more details. Let's go public with...
  10. T

A2E Astec AA11040B or C power supply - need help to repair it

Hi everyone, greetings from Tandyland :-) I'm trying to fix a AA11040B PSU for an A2E. I've checked the fuse, electrolytics, and the globar resistor. I've replaced the Rifa, but the PSU still shows no signs of life. Does anyone have links to a step-by-step way to check and fix the PSU? I...
  11. T

Pentium MMX 223MHz motherboard with 32Mb Ram and PCI video card

$A120 ono will post from Melbourne, Australia Classic Pentium-MMX motherboard with Ram and video card. Great for that old DOS games system. Items all pulled from a working system. You get: Gigabyte GA-586TX3 AT form factor motherboard Intel Pentium-MMX 233MHz CPU 32Mb Ram Cirrus Logic...
  12. T

486DX33 VL Bus motherboard with 8Mb Ram and controller card

$A120 + postage Classic 486DX33MHz motherboard with Ram. Great for that old DOS games system. Items all pulled from a working system. You get: OPTi 495SLC Vesa Local Bus (VLB) motherboard AT form factor with 256K Level 2 cache Intel Overdrive 486DX33MHz CPU 8Mb Ram I/O card with floppy...
  13. T

15% off FreHDs, hi-res boards, and all other TRS-80 items for May 2018

Hi everyone, Just in case people didn't see it in the For Sale section, I currently have a sale on for VCFed members reducing the prices on all items on my web site by 15%, just mention VCFed when emailing me...
  14. T

Model 4 Serial Board - Replacement Cable?

I'll have a go... Light bulb for the hard drive Replace it with a green LED in series with a 150ohm resistor How to fix the wires TRS8Bit June 2013 has details, but also the same information is in CN80 Vol4 No. 8 page 19 Where do you get a FreHD You get them from me, I have been making...
Back