• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Twospruces

1. T

Pentium 4

I use my fancy P4 as a win98 tweener and I value it quite a bit to be honest. I also use another less feature rich P4 system as backup file server. Not fast enough to use in general but still very useful.
  2. T

Ontario Tandy CoCo3 plus extras - $450CDN

Sorry I don't remember....hopefully someone else will know. Or maybe ask on Facebook.
  3. T

good text editor for DOS

I expected to see Norton Edit in the list, but I guess I will recommend.
  4. T

Moving files around.

Fwiw, here is what I do. I have a tweener PC running W98 that is able to run laplink via Parallel. The tweener has a network share that allows Laplink to access files from my main storage. The tweener also has old floppy drives if needed.
  5. T

Toshiba T1000SE damaged component

A tip, Isolate the supply from the board by desoldering the set of jumpers. See if you can get any life before the controller shuts it down. Also, After I replaced the caps, I had to track down fried semiconductors on the board. I had a dead rs232 buffer, a dead switch mode controller, one or...
  6. T

Toshiba T1000SE damaged component

Boy that board looks almost exactly the same as my t1000xe main board. My repair of t1000xe was about the hardest debug ever. I have a thread on it. Thread 'Toshiba T1000XE repair thread' https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/toshiba-t1000xe-repair-thread.1243446/ I think if you look at...
  7. T

Ontario Tandy CoCo3 plus extras - $450CDN

Selling my Coco 3. It is in really great shape. Looks like new. Located in Ottawa. Has 6309 and 1MB RAM. It also has an RGB to VGA cable which, depending on the monitor, can directly plug in and work. Also I have a Roy Justus VGA adapter for this machine. I will include it so you can use any...
  8. T

The South WTB: Vintage hard disk drives

I have 2 kyocera KC20B drives that are non functional. You may recall I got one working but the flexi steel strap broke and I stopped playing. Happy to ship to you at cost ..
  9. T

Zenith Z-171 Z-170 ZFL-171-42 : XT-CF card

Heck I'll just mail you a board and some parts. I don't have a spare cf card socket though.
  10. T

Zenith Z-171 Z-170 ZFL-171-42 : XT-CF card

Happy to share what I have. The trickiest part is getting a CF card socket. I should post close up photos of the part that fits. I'll have to go back and see if I can replicate the XUB correctly.
  11. T

PCI parallel port card / Windows 98

seems like looking for these obscure cards may not be required; the Moschip MCS9805 (and probably the 9865) support software based redirect.
  12. T

Seems that my earlier post was not posted... Update: I was able to get an old Startech PCI1PECP card with the Moschip MSC9805 chipset. This installed easily with the startech driver in my Win98 box, and the port came up working on LPT2 no problem! This addresses my need; adding an LPT port to a...
  13. T

honestly guys, if it was that easy I would have. I don't have an ISA port on the motherboard!
Back