• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

VT100 flat screen conversion

A contact of mine has a VT100 terminal with a working motherboard, PSU and keyboard but no CRT and video driver board. I'm thinking of buying it and installing a small flat panel inside the case. I could then use the video composite out on the motherboard to feed the display. I'm also...
  2. K

Apple II plus poor video out and no color?

I've got an NTSC Apple II plus and I recently acquired an NTSC Apple color composite monitor, but I can't get color out of the II plus. There's also problems with the geometry of the picture when I output to the same monitor (see pic below). I've tested the monitor for color and it displays...
  3. K

Macintosh Plus, 4mb, SC20 hard disk & Daynaport SCSI/Link-T ethernet, (IN AUSTRALIA)

Macintosh Plus, 4mb, SC20 hard disk & Daynaport SCSI/Link-T ethernet, (IN AUSTRALIA) For those in Australia, I have another one my Macs for sale, another Mac Plus with SC20 hard drive and Dayna Port SCSI ethernet adapter, here's the listing on ebay...
  4. K

NTSC display for Apple II plus

I tried over the weekend to get my U.S spec Apple II Plus to display on one of my tv's, but none worked. I tried it on a Pioneer plasma, a Panasonic plasma and a Samsung LCD, but none would display a picture from the II Plus. Now I checked the manuals for two of the tv's and both said they can...
  5. K

Macintosh Plus, 4mb with 20meg CMS hard disk, (IN AUSTRALIA)

For those in Australia, I'm selling a Mac Plus with 4meg and 20 meg CMS HD. Machine works great and is in very good condition. Details on ebay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121176443147?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  6. K

$1,285 for Microsoft Green Eye mous with packaging (holy cow!)

It seems it pays to keep the original packaging. I was keeping an eye on this flebay auction out of interest. A MS Green Eye mouse in original packaging with disks, it sat at $130 until the end then bang, it finished at $1,285...
  7. K

Added and Apple II+ and IIe to my collection

I've added a couple of Apple II's to my collection. I wanted the earliest model I could get my hands on for a reasonable price, so I purchased a 110v U.S model Apple II+ off ebay. I also like the fact that the II+ U.S model outputs colour. I also managed to get a bundle of old Apple II stuff...
  8. K

Video7 vega.com utility

I'm trying to get my 5150 to display hercules mode in some dos games on the 5151 monochrome monitor. I've got a video7 vega card installed in the machine. The card is capable of displaying hercules mode but you need to use the vega.com utility which I dont have. Does anyone have a copy of...
  9. K

Can anyone tell me what this component is?

I'm in the process of trying to restore an Altair 8800 BT. The system powers on but nothing more. On the CPU board I noticed that this component was installed next to the CPU chip. I've never seen this on any other Altair B CPU boards so I removed it. Can anyone tell me what it is? My guess...
  10. K

MITS Computer Notes, hi-res searchable archive

I've created a complete set of MITS Computer Notes newsletters in pdf. I made these pdf's from some hi-res image scans I found. I've run the images through OCR as well so the pdf versions are searchable. As I've kept the original images sizes, the complete set of pdf's is quite large, close...
  11. K

VT100 terminal just died, I think it's the flyback transformer

A few days ago my VT100 terminal's screen went blank. It was starting to get a jittery display just before it died. It still powers on and beeps which indicates it is working. It's just the video display that's dead. I found an old post which is very consistent with what happened to mine and...
  12. K

2708 eprom substitution, 2716, 2816

Since getting my Altair operational I've been trying to come up with a good solution for transferring software across to it. The front panel switches are all still good and working, but I can tell some of the most used switches like examine next and deposit are starting to get a little worn...
  13. K

Guide to configuring the Solid State Music IO4 as a MITS 88-2SIO serial board

For many Altair owners out there, this guide may be the difference between owning a cool retro box with lights, and a usable Altair. It's taken me quite a while to gather up this info and many people have helped in the process. This is especially good for those people, like me, who aren't...
  14. K

4k basic running on my Altair!

After a two year search, I finally managed to get my hands on a MITS 882-SIO serial card for my Altair. This one came from an Altair8800BT, which I now own (see my other post). The card was wired to work on ports 24,26, because the BT that it came from was set up to use the serial port on the...
  15. K

Altair 800bt restoration

I purchased one of Sellam Ismail's Altair 8800bt's. I didn't really want another Altair but this one had an 882-SIO serial card and the 88-DCDD disk controller cards in it. The cards were in fairly good condition but the machine itself was a bit of a junker, so it made this a great option for...
  16. K

Microsoft Green Eye mouse

I was watching an MS presentation on Youtube about the launch of the Surface tablet and they showed some slides of their original green eye mouse. It got to me thinking I had to get one of those. So I scanned fleabay for a couple of weeks and managed to pick this one up. This one still had...
  17. K

IBM 5151 display questions

I managed to get my hands on an IBM 5151 monochrome display. Was the usual ebay purchase and it was untested so I didn't know if it even worked. But gladly when I configured my video card to output in monochrome mode I got it working. Seems to work ok but I'm having some issues getting the...
  18. K

Altair disk drive found (and bought) off ebay!

I was scanning ebay a few weeks back when I came accross an Altair disk drive for $210 "buy it now". I couldn't resist had to have it. Paid $370 all up for postage to Australia, which I though was great. Now, it doesn't have the controller cards, so I'm under no illusion of getting this thing...
  19. K

IBM 5150 drive questions

I've been doing a bit of reading about attaching a 3.5", 1.44 floppy to an IBM 5150, using the 5150's standard floppy controller. From what I've read it is possible but it will only work at 720K. Is this right? Also, what about doing the opposite, my 5150 has the dual Tandon 5.25", 360k...
  20. K

IBM PC 5150 HORNET MC-002 graphics card?

I saw a nice IBM 5150 for sale recently and I snapped it up. It's dated 1983 and has the dual 5.25" drives. It didn't come with a monitor, so to test it out I plugged the video out into a plasma via the RCA connector on the video card. That worked fine and I was ablt to boot it into the basic...
Back