• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. W

Cottonwood BBS has returned ... again!

I just wanted to let everyone know that after about a year and a half of being down due to a hard drive failure, I finally got Cottonwood BBS back up and running. The user account file is still in tact, so if you had an account before it was taken down, you won't need to sign up for a new...
  2. W

Borderline BBS

As of today, Borderline BBS has returned as the world's only dial-up BBS running on a C64! So dust off your modem and give it a call at 1-951-652-1690! Running 24/7 at 300/1200 baud. It's a truly 80s telecommunications experience! :)
  3. W

Cottonwood BBS has returned!

After a little over 3 years of downtime, Cottonwood BBS is now back up and running! Check it out at the following Telnet address (port 23): cottonwoodbbs.dyndns.org Running on a real Commodore 64c with Color 64 v7.36 software!
  4. W

Looking for Enhancer 2000 Bonus Disk

The manual for the Enhancer 2000 drive mentions a "bonus disk" with utilities specifically designed for the drive. Does anyone have a copy of this disk? And if so, could I get a d64 of it? My searches so far have come up with nothing. Please e-mail me privately at wiskow (at) gmail.com if you...
  5. W

One BBS is offline and another is online

For the past few years, I've been running what has been, for most of that time, the only Commodore-run dial-up BBS anywhere in the world. Borderline BBS has been running on a C64 in my home in southern California, and while it has never received a huge volume of calls, it has had calls from all...
  6. W

Lots of Commodore items on eBay!

Continuing my house cleaning effort... I posted a bunch of items for auction on eBay a few days ago... Only 2 days left now! All items, as always, have a starting bid of 99¢. Here is a list of the items that I currently have available which are of interest to Commodore users: NOS Memorex 25...
  7. W

FA: 1570 and 1581 disk drive

I currently have a couple nice items up for auction on eBay: Commodore 1570 Disk Drive, North American power conversion, with extras: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110481154885 Commodore 1581 Disk Drive with JiffyDOS installed...
  8. W

Cottonwood & Borderline BBSs & website - temporary closure

As many of you already know, I'm in the U.S. navy, and I'm currently stationed in California where I work with TV broadcasting for the military. I've just been informed that I'll be getting sent to Afghanistan on a temporary assignment to work at the receiving end of the TV signals that we send...
  9. W

Cottonwood/Borderline BBSs & websites

While I was in Washington state on vacation, there was a power outage at my house, which caused the Cottonwood/Borderline website, the ACUG website, my personal website, as well as both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs to go offline for a few days. Everything has been back up and running since...
  10. W

ICE BBS released

Eric Green, one of the co-authors of ICE BBS, has licensed ICE BBS v1.1 under the GNU General Public License (GPL). This is effectively the same as releasing it to the Public Domain; it just means that you can't put your own copyright on it, basically. I scanned in all 122 pages of the original...
  11. W

C64 Color Terminal Emulator

CGTERM by Per Olofsson is an excellent Commodore Graphic terminal emulator which runs in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. You can download it at http://www.paradroid.net/cgterm/ ... Unfortunately, it's a Telnet-only program, so it can't be used for dial-up connections. However, Greg Pfountz...
  12. W

Borderline BBS - DIAL-UP!!!

Due to some recent interest in having a Commodore-run dial-up BBS for people to call, I've decided to put up Borderline BBS, running on Color 64 v7.37! This BBS operates 24 hours a day, starting NOW! It operates at 300/1200/2400 baud, and features 40/80 column operation, ASCII/ANSI/PETSCII...
  13. W

ICE BBS - Up and running!

Another C= program has been rescued from oblivion! I came into posession of what may very well be the last existing copy of a BBS program, written in 1987, called ICE BBS (Interactive Communications Exchange Bulletin Board System), along with the original manual. This BBS program was inspired...
  14. W

New Cottonwood BBS Photos

I just posted new photos of the setups for both Cottonwood BBS and Cottonwood II on the BBS's website at http://cottonwood.servebbs.com ... If you want to see what a C128 setup looks like with six 1571's and four 1541's (device #'s 8 through 17), then check it out! :) -Andrew
  15. W

Cottonwood II

I got a Commodore 64c set up and running Ivory BBS software. I decided to put it online so that people could see what Ivory is like. I'm calling the BBS "Cottonwood II", and you can access it at the same address as my main BBS, but at port 6400 instead of 23. So... From most terminals, you'd use...
  16. W

Commodore 64/128 Bulletin Board List

The May/June 2007 edition of the Commodore 64/128 Bulletin Board List is now ready for viewing. You can access the list at the following address: http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs/cbm-bbs-list.txt Have a great day! :-) -Andrew P.S. I posted this in the Commodore forum, but I decided...
  17. W

Master's Kingdom BBS

I visited Charles Gutman (aka Ramswell) yesterday, and through much trial-and-error, I helped him get his BBS up and running on Telnet! So you can now check out his BBS 24 hours a day, and without long distance charges! The Telnet address is masterskingdom.dnsalias.org ... check it out! :-)...
  18. W

Cottonwood BBS -- Now on TELNET!

Well... I've gone and done it... Cottonwood BBS is now accessable via Telnet! Operating on All American BBS 128 v12.1b! The telnet address is cottonwood.servebbs.com (port 23). A few tips: When calling for the first time as a new user, call with an ASCII terminal (Hyperterminal or...
  19. W

Commodore 64/128 Bulletin Board List

I would like to formally announce the "resurrection" of the C64/128 Bulletin Board List. This list had been released monthly years ago, but it has not been updated since October 2003. I've decided to take it upon myself to bring this list back to life. I'm keeping the same basic format as the...
  20. W

Cottonwood BBS - Now on Color 64!

Well... I did it... I've toyed around in the past with switching to Color 64 software on my BBS. But, I've held off in hopes that the "updated version" of All American BBS would have support for my CMD hard drive. After much waiting, I've finally received that update. However, much to my...
Back