• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. L

Socket 5/7 problem

Hi Everyone, Recently picked up a very nice Elite Group SI54P socket 5 Baby AT motherboard, it's very nice :) However I am having some problems finding a processor for it. The usual searches online show up lots of processors marked at 5/7, and I know you can run a socket 5 processor in a socket...
  2. L

ROM image of the PIPBUG for Signetics 2650

Hello everyone, I've recently come into possession on a Signetics 2650 CPU and want to build some of the projects as featured in old issues of Electronics Australia. Looking through, I have almost all of the parts, the only part I appear to be missing is the PIPBUG ROM. Looking through...
  3. L

Strange fault with Phillips BM7502 monitor?

Hello everyone, I have the above monitor, however in storage it's developed a strange fault. I turn it on and I can hear the flyback squeal as normal, then the screen will emit a dull glow, the pitch of the squeal dips considerably and the power led dims, but does not go out. This cycles after...
  4. L

ZIP100 parallel port ATA hard drive mod?

Hello everyone, just spent a "blissfull" 3 hours installing Windows 95 via floppy into my pentium laptop with a dead CD drive and had a thought. Iomega Zip drives have standard ATA interfaces in them. They also have a parallel port version with DOS drivers... Think it's worth swapping in a low...
  5. L

Hello from Llamarama!

Hello everyone, really should have posted here first rather jumping in headlong, so I may aswel post here now :) I'm Mike, I'm from the UK and I have a mild obsession with old computers. I used to be into collecting older systems a lot more when I was younger, then it died down for the past...
  6. L

CGA/EGA to VGA converters, are they any good?

Hello everyone, I've been looking for CGA and EGA monitors locally to no avail. However I have found some EGA/CGA to VGA converters cheap online. A few people in the classic arcade forums either love them or loath them saying they're great and useful or terrible with lag. All the ones i've seen...
  7. L

Cleaning up an IBM PC 286

Hello everyone, I'm restoring an IBM PC 286 that I got for essentially nothing. I have been hunting for one of these for the last 9 years, and i'v very happy. Only problem is the case is infested with dust bunnies and it doesn't work. I've traced the problem with it not running to a bad...
Back