• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Commodore 64c Screws

I lost all the screws to my disassembled C-64C. I had taken it apart to install JiffyDOS. Anyone know what kind they are, or where I could simply buy a set? eBay had nothing.
  2. A

Need Known Good Workbench 1.3 Disks

I'm trying to fix a pair of Amiga 500 Computers I have on the shelf here. I have a set of Workbench disks, but neither unit will boot from them. I want to rule out the chance that the disks are bad. So, I need a set of good copies of Workbench 1.3. I own Amiga Forever Pro Edition, so I own a...
  3. A

FS: ASTEC AA14320 230 Watt Power Supply for IBM 5170 AT

I have an ASTEC AA14320 230 Watt Power Supply for IBM 5170 AT -- I thought it was a supply for a PC 5150 when I bought it. Asking $40.00 shipped.
  4. A

Tano Dragon 64 needs Power Supply...

Not sure this is right place to post this, but since the Dragon is a Coco work-alike... I’ve started bringing my prototype Tano Dragon 64 back to life. I used to work for Spectrum Projects in the early 1980's, and Bob Rosen got a prototype American Tano Dragon 64 from Tano to evaluate. When he...
  5. A

Laser 128 1mb (unpopulated) RAM expansion cards...

I have THREE (3) of these cards. They are unpopulated, and untested. Asking $30.00US ea. Shipped in the Continental U.S. Only.
  6. A

CocoSDC adapter kits...

I just ordered 2 full parts kits of the CocoSDC cartridge. This was a group run of the boards on the Maltedmedia Coco list ( https://pairlist5.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/coco ) CocoSDC: http://cocosdc.blogspot.com.au/ I'll be posting in this thread build progress and pics of the completed units.
  7. A

Imagedisk and Apple ][

There are Apple ][ Images on the Imagedisk website. ( http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/index.htm ) Does this mean I can image/write Apple ][ Disk Images with a PC?
  8. A

Lo-Tech IDE interface for TRS-80 Model 4 running CP/M

I haven't been able to make physical disks from the images supplied on the Lo-Tech site. They will be problematic for most people as they are double-sided, and not every Model III/4 user has double sided drives. So, my plan is to learn how to make physical disks from them, and in the process...
  9. A

Making LDOS 5.3.1 disks from images for the Model I

After successfully making bootable disks for my Model 4 earlier today, I've turned my attention to making a set of bootable LDOS disks from the images at the Tim Mann Misosys site. My first attempt failed. Every image when being written had errors under Imagedisk. I had made blank DMK images...
  10. A

Cheapo IDE interface for Model 4 running LS-DOS

Finally got around to making the cable for my cheapo IDE interface (http://www.lo-tech.co.uk/wiki/Lo-tech_TRS-80_IDE_Adapter_rev.2) Making the floppy has been a bear. I used the TRS32 emulator to boot the LD4-631.DSK image I downloaded from the Tim Mann website...
  11. A

Attach PC floppy drive to Amiga...

I have two Amiga 500's I'd like to fix. Both power up, but won't read floppies. I see on eBay, a guy in Greece selling a cable to attach a PC drive to an Amiga 500. But, he wants a lot of money for it. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the cable so I can try to make my own? Or, a more...
  12. A

Testing COMM port on XT-FDC Card...

I finally got the UART chips yesterday, and plugged them in. I can't get to the disk boxes that have my old DOS diagnostic software like Norton Diagnostics, or Check-It. We put them up on the highest shelves that I can't get to on my own due to my injuries. Can anyone point me to a...
  13. A

Imaging Model I floppies...

Having just built and tested a Sergey's 8-bit FDC and Serial port card, I can now read and write Model I floppies on my 5150 XT. I successfully wrote an image of a Multidos 1.6D boot floppy and it booted, but it didn't work quite right for some reason. A 5150 is too slow to run the DOS-Based...
  14. A

WTB: AT Case and Power supply for a 486 Motherboard

Does anyone know of a place still selling these cases at a decent price? eBay has various sellers at ridiculous prices. There's no reason these cases I used to pay $35 for should now sell for $99.00. There has to be a supplier out there with some NOS they are selling at a decent price.
  15. A

XT Power supply failed...

Looks like my XT 150 watt power supply gave up the ghost. When I turn it on, the fan spins and then stops. No POST on the system, not even flashing lights on the keyboard. Anyone have a supply I can buy cheap?
  16. A

Sergey's 8-Bit FDC and Serial Port board...

I'm building up two of these boards. I'm nearly done on one of them, and need parts for the other. I should have everything by the middle of the coming week. I have the BIOS and the XTIDECFG program to program the board. My plan to program the boards is: 1. Set extension BIOS address to...
  17. A

FYI: Electronics Plus is closing and they are having a huge sale on a lot of old and

Cindy Croxton is closing her business due to her husband's health. They have a ton of machines and parts and they are looking to get rid of everything. This was posted on the Classic Computer Online Community email list and I figured it would be of interest to those here. From: Electronics...
  18. A

How do I make an LS-DOS double sided bootable disk?

I downloaded the LS-DOS 6.31 master from the Tim Mann page. I used TRS-Tools to make a double sided/DD 40trk LS-DOS disk. But, I can't find directions in any of the manuals on how to make a double sided system disk. I'm trying to make a bootable disk for the Lo-Tech TRS-80 IDE Adapter, but...
  19. A

5.25" Disk labels...

All of my old disk labels no longer stick well. Disks labeled in the 1980's have the labels falling off, and pages of unused label have dried out and no longer stick. I tried using 1x4 mailing labels like we used to, but they don't stick and come off as you use the disks. You can't actually...
  20. A

Continuing saga of my 5150...

I had a clone PC/XT case with 4 floppy drives in it, that we used to use at Zebra Systems, Inc. as our Coco disk duplication station. I decided to turn it into a working PC, so I could run emulators and make 5.25" floppies using Imagedisk. I bought a 5150 logic board on eBay, and mounted it...
Back