• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Wanted: IBM RT PC. Dead or Alive.

Even just a few choice parts of an RT machine would be great. Several months ago, I found the remains of what I surmise were 2 RT systems, but their cases, system boards, power supplies, and various other organs and limbs had already met a grisly fate. I managed to salvage the processor boards...
  2. F

Apple II Plus motherboard

Anybody know where I can find a high-quality image (line drawing, photo, whatever) of an Apple II Plus motherboard? Ideally I'd like it to be plan view (bird's-eye view). I just want to map the board. Thanks!
  3. F

IBM InfoWindow 3476

Any desire out there for an IBM InfoWindow terminal with keyboard? It appears to be functional but isn't fully tested (no System/36 or AS/400 to which to connect!). It's located in the Knoxville, TN, area but can be shipped (figure approx. 30 lbs.). Please let me know if you feel even a glimmer...
  4. F

Intel 387 SX on a 40-pin SIMM

This is really just one of those idle-curiosity questions... I've found a 387SX mounted on a little PCB with a 40-pin SIMM connector. The PCB is labeled "NUMERIC SIMM." Does anybody know what device(s) used this?
  5. F

IBM 5160 - Dishwasher time?

I recently got an IBM 5160 from a local recycler. (Yes, apparently people are still taking these things to the recycler!) The exterior of the box looked pretty clean, so I figured it would be a quick and pleasant little weekend project to open it up, inspect it, get rid of the dust bunnies, and...
  6. F

Olivetti P-602

I'm looking for documentation or any other info on the Olivetti P-602. This creature is the direct descendant of the Programma 101. My Web searches haven't unearthed much useful info.
  7. F

Visual Commuter floppy drive question

I'm trying to find out the mfr.(s)/model #(s) for the original 5.25" floppy drives that were in the Visual Commuter. TIA.
  8. F

ESD Mats

For anyone interested, there's a clearance on some of the ESD mats at All-Spec. There's a nice medium-duty 24" x 36" mat for $12.11, which is a really good deal. https://www.all-spec.com/products/SRW100R.html Note: It's a bit stinky when you first open it, but after a couple of days it's fine...
  9. F

Tandy 1000 TX system

Would anybody be interested in a Tandy 1000-TX with CM-5 monitor and keyboard? The 1000-TX is basically a 1000-SX with a 80286 microprocessor. This system is located in NE Mass, near Maine. Asking price is $50 OBO for all; the owner (not me) is willing to ship. I'm sorry I don't have pictures...
  10. F

WTB: EPROM Eraser

Just looking for a basic desktop EPROM eraser in working condition. Thanks.
  11. F

The SX-64 keyboard cable that everybody lost

Would anybody here who actually has the original keyboard cable for the SX-64 be willing to give me the dimensions of the enclosures around the connectors at each end? And maybe share a few detailed photos with me? I'm making a cable for an SX-64, and I've decided to try reproducing the two...
  12. F

Xerox 820-II 8" Rigid Disk Drive - interest?

This is just an initial inquiry to see if anybody here at the forum might be interested in an 8" rigid disk drive for the Xerox 820-II. I've located one, but it's in California and I'm in NY. There is no set price; the seller will accept a reasonable offer. I don't know yet how thoroughly it has...
  13. F

Testing Apple IIc Monitor

I'd like to test an Apple IIc CRT monitor, but I have no other Apple equipment of any kind. I know the monitor would take composite video input from the computer it was designed to accompany. Does that mean I can give it any NTSC composite video input (e.g., from a VCR) to test it? Thanks!
  14. F

Possible PDP 11/23

Would anybody here be interested in a PDP 11/23? It looks as if one might be available (for sale) in the Midwest. So far, it appears that the system includes two RL01 drives and the following cards: KDF11-A M8186 - CPU MSV11-D M8044-DB - 32K 16-bit MOS RAM MSV11-D M8044-DC - 32K 16-bit...
  15. F

WTB: IBM GXT2000P Graphics Accelerator

Does anybody have an IBM GXT2000P card they'd like to sell? This is one of the PCI graphics cards for the RS/6000 43P Models 140 / 150 / 260 (workstations). There are some listed on eBay, but I thought I'd see if anybody here wanted to get rid of one first. Thanks!
  16. F

Apple IIe 80-Column Text Card / 64KB RAM

Does anybody need one of these? I can trade for something of comparable value (could really use some 5.25" SSDD or DD floppies, for example) or sell for $10 including shipping. Thanks. EDIT: Price = $5 + shipping Sorry -- set my price too high originally. Should have done more research first. :/
  17. F

IBM 5150, 5151, 5153 & Epson FX80 in original boxes

The following are being sold by their original owner: IBM 5150 ("B" model), IBM 5151 monochrome (green) monitor, IBM 5153 color monitor, keyboard, cool "green-eyed" mouse, system software (DOS 2.0, Win 1.01, drivers) with manuals, some games (including Flight Simulator), and an Epson FX80...
  18. F

WTB: IBM 5153 near NY

Looking for working IBM 5153 monitor, preferably not too too far from NYC... You'll be helping both Jimmy (earlier WTB posting) and me. I'd like to find one of these near me so Jimmy can get one I found near him.
  19. F

PET 2001 PERSONAL vs PROFESSIONAL

Forgive me if this question has been answered already somewhere in here. I can't find it, and I'm a little rushed. Quick & easy question: Difference(s) between PET 2001 PROFESSIONAL COMPUTER and PERSONAL COMPUTER? (black label) Thanks!
  20. F

Transporting a CDC 852 Disk Storage Drive

Does anybody here have any experience with the CDC 852? (http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/cdc/discs/brochures/852_853_854.pdf) I'm looking for advice on precautionary measures to take when transporting such a unit. The machine in question does not have power. I assume that if it...
Back