• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Northern Europe Amber monochrome Hercules/MDA monitor (Berlin, Germany)

Looking for a really good Hercules/MDA monitor with amber phosphor, no burn-in and a good, stable picture. Willing to pay well. I'm in Berlin but shipping from elsewhere is OK as long as the monitor is very well packed.
  2. A

Free: 9-inch white phosphor monochrome VGA monitor (Germany)

See thread here for details. Blown chip on the circuit board so it's not working now, but it was working fine before that. Tube is good, no apparent burn-in. Free, but buyer to pay shipping costs from Berlin, Germany. PM me.
  3. A

1987 Panasonic KX-E700m video-typewriter / word-processor and monitor (Germany)

I've owned this machine for a few years. It's a big old beast, very well constructed and is mostly working perfectly, with only one known issue. When I bought it there was about 20KB of text stored on it. It was previously owned by a church group and whoever used it knew its features inside...
  4. A

Chip in monitor just exploded: identification please?

9-inch monochrome VGA monitor, the sort that were sometimes used in POS systems. Working fine, no sign of instability, then a loud bang followed by smoke and no picture. I turned it off quickly, left it for a while, then dismantled it. I was looking for a blown capacitor of some kind, so it took...
  5. A

WTB: Amstrad monochrome VGA monitor, as sold with PC 2086 and similar

As title. I'm looking to buy a monochrome (black & white) VGA monitor as sold with the Amstrad PC compatibles range in the mid-late 1980s. I'm in Germany but can arrange shipping from the UK or elsewhere in Europe.
  6. A

Monochrome VGA monitors: different types of phosphor

I have three monochrome VGA monitors, all apparently 'white' but only one has white phosphor, as far as I can tell. The other two appear to be a composite of yellow and (possibly) blue. It's not easy to tell, except by moving one's eyes quickly while a high-contrast image is on the screen. The...
  7. A

Germany: 2x Iomega Zip 100 parallel port drives with parallel cables, 1 power adapter

As title. Two of these, both working (no click of death) with two parallel data cables but only one mains adapter (takes standard 'D'-shaped 3-pin kettle lead). PM me with offers. I'm in Berlin, Germany.
  8. A

Germany: 2x 4MB 12-chip 72-pin SIMMs, gold contacts, total 8MB

Tested and working. PM me with offers. I'm in Berlin, Germany.
  9. A

Germany: 8x 256KB 9-chip 30-pin SIMMs, tin contacts, total 2MB

Tested and working. PM me with offers. I'm in Berlin, Germany.
  10. A

Germany: two working AT power supplies

I have two of these, both tested and working. PM with offers and for more details. Berlin, Germany
  11. A

Germany: Quantum ProDrive LPS 240MB IDE hard drive

Hard drive in good working order and seems pretty fast. It has a 256KB onboard cache. Offers by PM, please. I'm in Berlin, Germany.
  12. A

Germany: Future Domain 8-bit/16-bit SCSI card, floppy interface and 32MB Seagate HDD

This is a 16-bit Future Domain SCSI card with boot BIOS ROM that works fine in an 8-bit slot. I've had it set up in an 8088 system, booting the 32MB Seagate ST-138N hard drive that's included in this sale. SCSI cable also included though not shown in the photos. This card has a floppy interface...
  13. A

2x Olivetti M240 (AT&T 6300 WGS) for sale in Germany and the UK

I have two of these for sale. The one in Germany I can vouch for as in very good condition and fully working: 10MHz 8086 CPU 640KB RAM 20MB hard drive (surprisingly quiet) 5.25-inch 360KB floppy drive EGA graphics card Original keyboard (German layout) AT&T DOS 3.30a installed and various...
  14. A

International shipping of vintage computer collection

Four months ago I moved from New Zealand to Berlin, Germany and bit the bullet by shipping my vintage computing collection here by sea. I fully expected some damage, but didn't want to leave it all in storage on the other side of the planet. I actually *use* these machines. It all arrived...
  15. A

Olivetti M240 CGA composite with mono composite monitor

I'm not sure if what I'm trying to achieve is possible and my search-fu isn't optimal today. So... Olivetti M240 monitor with OGC / CGA card, composite output connected to Olivetti amber monochrome CGA monitor. Works fine for 40- or 80-column text and CGA graphics. Olivetti Prodest MM 1200...
  16. A

Writing a feature: want to talk to mainframe engineers, programmers and users

I've been asked to write a feature about mainframes. The basic brief is this: "A number of companies are looking at ways to shift information off them with varying levels of success. Most media on the subject appears to consist of security fear research from these companies along with...
  17. A

Quantum ProDrive LPS 240MB IDE hard drive - setup utility?

I have this drive running fine and it has a 256KB onboard cache/buffer. I thought that would just do its thing without intervention (and maybe it does) but the manual mentions that the cache/buffer settings are user-configurable. Does anyone know of a setup utility for this range of drives?
  18. A

Advanced Gravis Ultrasound 3.4, boxed

The long red Rev. 3.4 Advanced Gravis Ultrasound ISA board, made in Canada. In original box with manuals, original 3.5-inch disks and some extra drivers for Windows 95 on separate disks. All memory chips present and correct. Shipping will be from New Zealand but shouldn't be too much to...
  19. A

386 or 486 with Hercules/MDA as primary or only graphics adapter

For various mildly pointless reasons, I'd like to run a 386 or 486 with a Hercules/MDA graphics adapter as the primary or only display. It's simple enough to have EGA or VGA as the primary display and Hercules/MDA as the secondary, but so far I've had no luck getting anything other than my XT...
  20. A

Orchid RamQuest XT/AT 8MB RAM board with 4MB installed: EMS 4.0 and UMBs on XT

Full details / photos / screenshots here: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1236383144 Will be sent from New Zealand, but international shipping shouldn't be too punitive as it's quite light. You can see my feedback from that auction. Please PM me with offers and any questions...
Back