• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

British DRI 8 inch floppy drives (Data Recording Instrument Company Limited) doco sought

I would like to get a pair of Model 7200 DRI 8 inch floppy drives going for an Exidy Sorcerer connected via a Digitrio controller board inside their enclosure. The manufacturer is an apparently a British company called DRI or Data Recording Instrument Company Limited according to the...
  2. E

VCF East 2022 videos no longer accessible - marked as private?

I am halfway through watching and can no longer access the recordings of the streams. Is this a bug or a feature?
  3. E

SIG/M Archives (Sig/M Amateur Computer Croup of Now Jersey Inc.)

SIG/M appears to have published 100s of volumes of CP/M software. A cursory search does not turn up an archive of these disks. Are they out there? Cheers, Michael P.S. Can a mod fix the typo in the subject line :-) Poor OCR
  4. E

Computer Systems News available anywhere

Computer Systems News was 'a bi-weekly tabloid newspaper with such editors as Al Perlman (now with Ziff), Maureen O'Gara (now a newsletter editor) and Tom Ewing (now a freelance writer).'[1]. It was published by CMP Publications. Library of Congress holdings appear to being in 1985 if I am...
  5. E

Wanted: Apple 800K 3.5 inch External Drive A9M0106

Model A9M0106 for the purpose of archiving disks with an Applesauce controller. Ideally working and ejecting disks properly although I will clean and service during magnet installation. Will need to be shipped to Oz. Thanks, Michael
  6. E

CP/M 2.2 for Exidy FDS (Floppy Disk Subsystem for the Sorcerer)

I'm looking for some help to develop a cpmtools+libdisk definition to allow the extraction of files from an image of a CP/M 2.2 master disk for the Exidy FDS (Floppy Disk Subsystem). I don't believe CP/M (2.2) for this controller has previously been preserved...
  7. E

Can I use a 720K DSDD drive with a A2088XT Bridgeboard

The only references I can find are to a 360K drive which is not very useful for imaging CP/M disk with Imagedisk.
  8. E

WTB Micropolis 1015 100TPI floppy disk drive

Most common source would be CBM8050 dual disk drive (although other brands were also used). This is for repair of an Exidy FDS.
  9. E

Exidy Sorcerer Large Collection

Does anyone know whether these items were acquired by a cultural institution or have they been lost to a private collector? https://surfdaddy.com/tag/sorcerer/ They sat on ebay for a long time at USD12.5K and appear to have sold some time ago. I have access to some of the newsletters and don't...
  10. E

Saving a block of memory (ROM) above the end of the TPA

I would like to get an interstate Sorcerer owner to provide me with a dump of his specific customised Monitor ROM. It contains part of the CBIOS for an Australian floppy controller which ultimate I would like to build a copy of and also see emulated in MAME. The instructions here for the CP/M...
  11. E

Bill Ragsdale on The Secret Origin of FIG-FORTH... and the Founding of FIG

William Ragsdale speaking on FORTH day yesterday at the Silicon Valley Forth Interest Group (SVFIG) meeting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBeFSOTrK4&t=10620s
  12. E

Getting heads to load using cleaning disc on Mitsubishi M4853 DSDD 5.25" loppy drive

Getting heads to load using cleaning disc on Mitsubishi M4853 DSDD 5.25" loppy drive Trekked out to the computer shop where I bought my M4853 DSDD drive to pick up a cleaning disc today because prices for these things on ebay are more than I paid for the drive. The proprietor and I agreed that...
  13. E

Exidy Sorcerer WORD PROCESSOR PAC Manual

This was originally a ROMPAC application but was converted by the Sorcerer User Group Sydney to operate in RAM relocatably (if that is a word). Hence it was called RWP. I used it for around 4 years as my Word Processor at High School and University connected to a (very loud) dot matrix printer...
Back