• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Gary C

Camputers Lynx

Got given two of these machines in a poor state. Cases open, keyboard hanging out and no PSU or video cable. PSU nocked up from an AT PSU as this machine needs a -5V as well as a +5V and +12V First machine powered up on UHF and my really old LCD won't take it. RGB nocked up and I get a very...
  2. Gary C

Einstein

Next up is a Tatung Einstein Its been doing its duty for the last 12 months, booting Elite from disk for the amusement of the visitors but is now locking up during boot. If no disk is present, it starts up in the MOS fine. Disk tested on my machine and works fine. Diag ROM installed and no...
  3. Gary C

Website

Anyone else had Norton declaring the Website as a 'known unsafe website' ? I have submitted a dispute but I wonder if anyone else has run into issues ?
  4. Gary C

Victor 9000 PSU

So today I got our V9k up and booting again, only for the PSU to fail As its the hard drive version, the PSU is version 2 and significantly different from the one in the service manual. Does anyone have a drawing of the 100750-02 PSU ?
  5. Gary C

Keyboard membrane repair

Hi I have an M2 keyboard from a 2021 PS/1 with a membrane that appears to have ingested some finest Magnolia Vinyl Matt paint which has take off some of the membrane traces (though Im sure its not the colour that matters). I have used a silver conductive pen in the past to remake small breaks...
  6. Gary C

Apple M1296 Drawings

Anyone have circuit diagrams of the Apple Mac II monitor M1296 ? I have two to fix and have been scouring the ether looking for them with no success. Cheers.
  7. Gary C

MAC LC

Had a mac LC sat in the garage for a few months now that would not work. PSU had failed but a really cheap one turned up, so rather than fix I replaced (but will fix the spare at some point) Powered up and no bong :( Replaced all the caps, which while I don't normally agree with 'recapping'...
  8. Gary C

Phillips 8833/05G

Got a failed monitor to check The flyback is totally toast, not a single coil seems to have continuity which seems really odd. Checked the HO transistor and it checks as fine, I wonder if its being turned on continuously ? Any ideas ...
  9. Gary C

Phillips 8833-II Power

Again, really just for me to record my repairs and my thinking at the time. Hardest bit about this repair was finding the manual for the version 2 https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1556093/Philips-Cm11342.html?page=19#manual So, the monitor in question was delivered to us as dead. Power lamp...
  10. Gary C

Victor(y)

Just a blog on things this year at the Northwest computer museum (leigh spinners mill, Leigh, Greater Manchester, WN7 2LB :) ). Museum is doing well. All 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor so far and everyone seems to enjoy the hands on approach, letting people get to grips with vintage machines...
  11. Gary C

Lisa video fault

So, this thread is looking for help to diagnose a Lisa video fault. I know it is probably capacitors (!) but I would like if I could, hopefully engaging Hugo's expertise to step through the fault and learn something about how the circuit works and maybe it will help others. So symptoms. The...
  12. Gary C

aerocomp double density adapter

Does anyone have a schematic of the aerocomp double density adapter ? I have one for a trs80 model i and the 1771 works fine on its own but when the aerocomp is in, no joy. I notice that the data from the disk drive is getting to pin 27 of the 1771 but the pulse is very very narrow compared to...
  13. Gary C

Lisa dead !

Well, almost. The video has failed though there is a good output on the rear video port. Exploring further there appears to be no EHT, and loop checking the LOPT, the output coil for the grids red to white is giving a good reading but from the red to the anode cap there appears to be no...
  14. Gary C

TRS-80 model iii

Quick question We have a model 3 on the bench and with the diagnostic rom, it all seems to be fine, however the U104 ROM when read, x00 contains x25 rather than xF3 from the image online, all other locations are fine. As F3 is DI disable interrupts which looks like the first thing you would...
  15. Gary C

Northwest Computer Museum

Come and see the Northwest Computer Museum Official opening 3rd June Leigh Spinners Mill, Floor 4 Park Lane Leigh WN7 2LB United Kingdom Opening times: 10am-4pm (10am in the Cinema for introduction) To be opened by Professor Steve Furber, CBE (Acorn Computers and ARM Architecture)...
  16. Gary C

Amiga 2000

Little odd this one. An Amiga 2000 that someone has already had a go at. Its a nice machine, has a 68020 coprocessor card and two hard drives but the battery has leaked. With the CPU removed, one pin of the socket is completely missing ! So new socket fitted. The Paula socket is looking a bit...
  17. Gary C

IBM AT

Yes, I do have about 5 projects on the go at the same time but thought I would blog this one too. We need an AT on display to show the development of the PC, but our only available AT was suffering from Epic rust. Water had leaked onto the right rear of the case and the PSU case didn't survive...
  18. Gary C

Fat 40

Next up is a 4032 fat 40. Power up and all transformer voltages present and correct, plugged into the board and +4.97, -5.06 & +11.9 so not anything to worry about But nothing on the screen but a raster with the brightness turned up. Quick off & on and the normal pet garbage is show for the...
  19. Gary C

Western Europe PC/AT PSU

We have an XT on display with a Victor 9000 showing progression but our AT is a little, err, rusty. Has anyone got an AT PSU that doesn't work (UK) I have one and its working but the case has actually rusted away to nothing in some parts and while I can do a bit of tin bashing, its never...
  20. Gary C

CBM DOS

Does anyone have a list of the DOS commands in hex ? To clarify, I know the secondary address of load is F0 and save is F1 and can process them fine in my emulator, but CBM Command gets the drive identity, dos version etc when its checking what drives are available and my emulator doesn't...
Back