• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Using Silent 703 as a dumb terminal

I recently acquired a nice working TI Silent model 703. It has a RS-232 port on the back. I'm hoping to use as a terminal that can connect to my PC, being it a XT or 286 that runs DOS, or a Pentium that runs Windows 2000. I tried to connect the cable to my DOS machine's COM port and use CTTY to...
  2. N

Heathkit H8 Prototype board ID

Can anybody help identify what this board is all about? It cam with my H8 but I have no idea what it was designed for.
  3. N

Heathkit H8 weird issue

My Heathkit H8 did not work correctly when i received it. I noticed that many chips had oxidized pins, so I spent some good hours cleaning the pins and “deoxiting” the sockets. It actually worked fine for a few days. Today when I fired it up, it acted really weird: there were missing segments on...
  4. N

Midwest Hard sectored disks

I’m looking for a bunch of hard sectored disks for Heathkit H89. They should be 10 sector and 40 track. Let me know what you have.
  5. N

Troubleshooting a Heathkit H89 Floppy Drive

So I recently acquired a Heathkit H89 in very nice condition. The computer can turn on and boot into the "H" prompt. It came with a SS SD full height Siemens FDD 100-5 floppy drive. The machine has a hard sectored controller card. Whenever I entered "B" and attempted to boot from the floppy...
  6. N

How to create IIgs disks from 2mg files?

Recently picked up an Apple IIGS rom 01 and was trying to make some 3.5" 800k disks for this computer. I searched on the net and it seems that almost all disk images for IIGS are in 2mg format. How can I write disks from these images? I have a Macintosh LC that has a 1.44MB floppy drive and...
  7. N

Need help creating floppy disks for Mac 512K

I was trying to create floppy disks for my Macintosh 512k that has a 400K drive. The disk image was downloaded from here: https://archive.org/download/mac_Psi...sion_Chess.dsk I used a tool called "MacDisk" to format a 1.44MB disk on my Windows 10 computer and copied the dsk file to the disk. I...
  8. N

EPYX World Games Disk Image

I recently bought a bunch of vintage PC games and this EPYX World Games is one of them. Unfortunately, the disk does include any files on it and seems to have been formatted. I am looking to write the original image to the disk to restore it. The problem is that I can only find 720KB disk images...
  9. N

PC XT Power Supply Repair

So I recently got a PC XT power supply dirt cheap. The thing is in very good condition and the internal looks clean. But it didn't work. Initially, I plugged it in and flipped the red power switch but nothing happened. I made sure to hook it up to some hard drives, and a 286 motherboard. I...
  10. N

22DISK will not read Osborne 1 disks

I recently made some disks using ImageDisk for my Osborne 1. It has the floppy drive upgrade with two double density drives. The disks booted and was read fine on the Osborne 1 (I had to change the transfer rate from 250kpbs to 300kbps in ImageDisk though). Now I wanted to copy some files to the...
  11. N

Osborne 1 Astec AC8151 Power Supply No (or Low) Output

I recently obtained an Osborne 1 (I believe it is the later version as it does not have the Osborne 1 banner on the side of the case. Anyway, it's dead and I found that the Astec AC8151 power supply will not provide correct output. I measured the output pins, and here are the results: P1: -3.8V...
  12. N

VESA Local Bus Graphics Cards on PC XT?

Was wondering if a VESA card will work on 8 bit pc xt? For example, Trident TGUI9440, ATI Mach 32?
  13. N

XT-CF ECO Lite compatibility issues

I bought one of these XT-CF Eco Lite XTIDE cards a while ago and tried it on my PC XT. It currently runs with the XTIDE Universal BIOS (XT) v2.0.0 beta 3. It booted fine but when having massive read and write operations going on, it would corrupt and a dir would return a list of files with...
  14. N

Jumper settings for this MFM controller card?

I recently acquired an MFM HDD and FDD controller card but I can't seem to find any information for it. I tried to hook it up to my working Seagate ST-225 but the computer was not able to see it. I believe the jumpers need to be reset. Anybody has ever seen or used this card before?
  15. N

FREE computer books and software

I have a bunch of free computer books and software that are mostly from 90's. Some of the programs include disks some do not. PM me for shipping details.
  16. N

M0100 Mouse for Macintosh 128/512K

I'm looking for an original M0100 mouse for the Apple Macintosh 128K/512K (preferrably with the S/N begins with G4xxx). If you have one for sale, please PM me. Thank you!
  17. N

No auto-park for IBM 120MB ESDI HDD?

Just curious that I have never noticed any clicking sound when powering off my IBM P70 which has an IBM 120MB ESDI HDD (I believe its P/N is 6128260). I usually have to run the park utility on my IBM PC XT to park its MFM HDD but that utility did not work on P70. How can I park the heads? I have...
  18. N

DOS “Screen Saver”?

I have a few vintage computers with monochrome phosphor monitors. I do not use them much but would like to keep them on for a short while (perhaps half an hour) on a regular basis, in order to prevent electrolytic capacitors from drying out. I do not want to any burn in to happen during this...
  19. N

Keycap for IBM WheelWriter 6

Guys, don't know if this is the right place to post the ad but I am looking to get a "code" key for my IBM WheelWriter 6 Series II. If you happen to have one, please let me know. Thank you!
  20. N

Wanted: Plastic Slot Covers for Apple IIe

I am looking for a couple of the plastic slot covers for the Apple IIe, as pictured. Please let me know what you have. Thanks!
Back