• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Mid Atlantic [WTB] Toshiba T5200 or T3200

I'm looking for a working Toshiba T5200 or T3200 laptop. If you have one and can ship to Delware, then please contact me via DM. Thank you!
  2. F

Before plugging an HP 85

I got an HP 85 computer. What should I check/test before plugging it into the AC for the first time? Thank you!
  3. F

Powering European Computers with 60Hz

I have a number of old European computers from Olivetti and Amstrad. They are rated 220v 50Hz. I can provide them the required voltage using transformers, but the AC frequency will always be 60Hz. Is there any danger in running these devices with higher AC frequency?
  4. F

Mid Atlantic [WTB] Apple II+

Looking for a working Apple II+ in good shape. I'd prefer one with a disk controller card. PM me please if you have one and can ship to Delaware. I'll pay for the computer and shipping using PayPal. Thank you!
  5. F

Mid Atlantic WTB Atari PC1

I'm looking for an Atari PC1 in good shape with or without keyboard and mouse. The computer has to be shipped to Delaware. Thank you!
  6. F

Ampere WS-1: Fixing Plastic Crack?

I've an Ampere WS-1 laptop. The laptop shell is all plastic but the LCD screen has bulky metal hinges! As one would expect, the plastic cracked due to age and the hinges are no longer attached to the body. The picture below shows the base for one of the two hinges. I have to fix this of course...
  7. F

Mid Atlantic [WANTED] ThinkPad X41T or X61 Tablet

I'm looking for an IBM ThinkPad X41T or Lenovo X61S Tablet computer in good working condition with stylus. Touchscreen should be working and spotless. Screen hinge should lock and not be loose. A 4- or 8-cell battery is acceptable as long as it it can hold some charge. A docking station would...
  8. F

Mid Atlantic [WANTED] EGA Laptop

I'm looking for a working laptop with EGA display, either color, monochrome or plasma (orange). Any brand would do as long as the laptop can boot and display. It would have to be shipped to Delaware, 19720. You may reply to this thread and send me a PM. Thank you!
  9. F

RetroBright with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide?

I've a badly yellowed Roland CM-500 and I'm thinking of retrobright-ing it! Using cream hydrogen peroxide may leave marble effect on the plastic, so, I'll try the liquid instead. People on YouTube are using 12% hydrogen peroxide for retrobright, but I only found 3-6% in my local market! Is 3%...
  10. F

Missing VAXstation 3100 Monitor Cable

I've recently got myself a working VAXStation 3100/30 with 8-plane graphics module. The machine arrived without a monitor cable. I found the video output pinout (attached). It seems an easy task to construct the video cable using a female DB15 and 3 BNC connectors. Is there anything I should...
  11. F

Texas Instruments Silent 700 Terminal

I'm looking for a TI Silent terminal with serial port, preferably model 703. The terminal should be in good shape; printing, working keys, no cracks, and with power adapter. If you have one and can ship to Delaware, 19720, then please contact me here or via PM. Thank you!
  12. F

OPTi 495SLC, Promise VL Controller and CF IDE Adapter

I've a 486DX-50 based computer with OPTi 82C495SLC chipset and Promise DC2000 VL-2 VESA IDE controller. Currently, there is no HDD inside the PC and I want to use a CF-IDE adapter for internal storage. The problem is that the computer won't recognize the adapter at all. The PC BIOS has HDD Auto...
  13. F

Replacing IBM L40SX LCD

I have an IBM L40SX laptop with cracked LCD. The LCD is a monochrome one and is separated from its backlight. An exact LCD replacement is almost impossible to source of course, so I'm thinking of putting a 9" or 10" VGA panel in there. The laptop already has an external VGA port, which is...
  14. F

Rechargeable RTC Battery or Not?

I'm restoring my first PC, a 486DX-50 clone. The VARTA battery has leaked. After removing the battery from the motherboard, I found that it was not connected to the (+/-) leads as expected, but instead to D3 and (-). I thought this setup was needed to bypass battery recharging. But when I...
  15. F

[W] Hercules Graphics Card Plus

I’m looking for a Hercules Video Graphics Card Plus, known as model 112 or GB112. This model features RamFont mode. If you have one and can ship to Delaware, US, then please send me an offer here or via PM. Thank you
  16. F

IBM PS/2 L40 SX Laptop

Want an IBM PS/2 L40 SX laptop in good condition.
  17. F

Dongle-Protected MS-DOS!

Someone sent me a link for MS-DOS 3.30 that is protected by dongle! Here is the link: https://archive.org/details/msdos-330-ar I tried booting the first disk using an emulator and got "Security Device failure" error message! Is this really protected by a dongle or just a corrupted copy?
  18. F

WANTED: SCSI Hard Drive for Macintosh

My Quantum ProDrive drive died on me and I'm looking for a replacement. It's a 40MB 50-pin SCSI drive enclosed in an external enclosure, which is connected to Macintosh Plus computer. Send me a message here please if you have a similar hard drive that you can spare. I'll pay using paypal and...
  19. F

Ext. SCSI HDD Not Working

I got a nice Macintosh Plus with an external SCSI hard disk drive. The computer works well, but the HDD does not. The drive is not recognized by the system at all. I tested it with two Macs (Plus and SE) using two different SCSI cables and terminators and got the same result. I'm not sure...
  20. F

[W] PCMCIA Floppy Drive for Toshiba Libretto

I’m looking for a working PCMCIA Floppy Drive for Toshiba Libretto, such as 50CT or 70CT. It’s to be shipped to Delaware, US. Thank you
Back