• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Western Europe Telebit Qblazer V.32 modem (free for cost of shipping)

I bought this modem at Fry's in Sunnyvale when I was temporarily working in California in 1992. It was kind-of partnered with HP Palmtops, but no reason it couldn't be used with other computers. It has been sitting in a cupboard unused for 30 years so no guarantees. It lacks a power supply. but...
  2. R

Experiences burning 2716 EPROMs

I wrote a little blog post based on my experiences burning a replacement 2716 EPROM for the BASIC ROM Pac in my Exidy Sorcerer. Hoping to dispel a bit of the mystery that I felt when getting started in this for the first time. The TL;DR version: Low-cost Chinese programmer and eraser worked...
  3. R

Exidy Sorcerer 1: Noisy power supply

Hi all I'm working on my old Exidy Sorcerer. It's unmodified since my dad came home with it in 1979. It works, but I'm noticing there seems to be a lot of high frequency noise on the power supply, and also on the tape MIC and AUX outputs, which I'm guessing is a consequence of the power supply...
  4. R

IT pro turned amateur

My dad brought home an Exidy Sorceror in 1978 or 79, when I was 15 years old. I learned to program on that machine, later moving to BBC Micro. It was my number one hobby, but I never had a thought of making it a career until I was almost through university. Finally it dawned on me I could make a...
Back