• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. dave_m

PET 8032 Video to MDA Monitor

For my Commodore PET main board Tester, I'm looking at hooking up the 8032 PET video (80 column X 25 lines) to an external monitor. I tried composite video to an old Sony Watchman TV, but the Sony could not sync the the PET. I think the older 40 column PETS are closer to the TV bandwidth, but...
  2. dave_m

Commodore PET on TV Program in 2015

On March 1, 2015, on the Smithsonian Channel program series called Air Disasters, there was as episode titled 'Tragedy on the Potomac'. It told the story of the Air Florida crash into the Potomac in 1982. In the Safety Board's process of finding out what when wrong, they showed a scene in a lab...
  3. dave_m

SuperPET with high price and in unknown state!

Someone in Calgary is offering a SuperPet for 1,400 Canadian. The problem is that while they show a few photos of the outside with the Commodore welcome message, there is nothing showing the inside or that the machine works in the Super mode. It is offered 'AS IS' with no manuals or...
  4. dave_m

Your electronics workbench

Here is a 2 page article from the latest issue of the IEEE Spectrum which asks the question: Does your do-it-yourself workbench have everything you need? Do you agree with the list of items? Would you add other essential items?
  5. dave_m

Pentium FDIV Bug

Does anyone remember this Intel public relations disaster? In 1994 I bought a Dell 90 MHz Pentium PC. It was my first tower and for the first and only time I briefly had a state-of-the art machine. I think it was the first Intel processor to operate at 3.3 Volts. I was very fond of it but...
  6. dave_m

C2n232

Does anyone know where I can procure a ready made C2N232 gadget? It was designed by this gentleman: Marko Makela I am planning on pounding in a large basic program on my 8032 PET that is in a book plublished by Compute! but I have no way to save it as this point. -Dave
  7. dave_m

Software utility package found for the Commodore PET

In the early 80's, North American Rockwell developed, for in-house use, a very comprehensive package of utilities for the PET. The package was named Basic, Assembly and Text Processor (BATPRO). The programmer is a retired engineer named John Darling. Recently he has uncovered a set of the...
Back