• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

PC/104 System Modules (2) and 10Mbps Network Module

For sale, I have two PC/104 CPU system boards, and a 10Mbps NE2000-compatible PC/104 network module. These are industrial computing boards that I thought it would be fun to try to build a compact, original-hardware DOS/early-9x gaming machine out of. The good news: I was correct! The bad news...
  2. K

Who wants to play "Name that generic AT case?"

Maybe this is a bit of a long shot, but I was perusing the 'bay looking for some 486-class hardware, and stumbled upon this: Ordinarily, I wouldn't pay a 486 beige box much mind, especially with specs like it had, but the case is of particular note to me because I had an OEM box built in...
  3. K

WTB: Toshiba Portege 3440CT, 3480CT, or 3490CT

In some recent fit of madness, I'm looking for a nice, portable PIII-era machine. I seem to have settled on the Toshiba Portege 34xxCT series of notebooks. Ideally, I'd like a 3490CT, but realistically am probably fine with even a 3440CT. Must be in working condition, though I'm obviously not...
  4. K

FF: Some Vintage Computer Gear, Pickup in Calgary

I know there's not an abundance of us here in town, but I do have some stuff that I need to get rid of before I move. Vintage computing is an excellent hobby, but it makes life changes difficult when they're forced on you. Any and all of this lot is free, assuming you can pick it up in Calgary...
  5. K

Motherboard IDE controller issues

A while back, I purchased an Atrend ATC-1425B from a forum member here. I like this board because it's a Socket 3 board that has PCI slots on it, for maximum shenanigans. I eventually did manage to get it configured with my Intel 486DX4 100 MHz processor, and it posts and runs through the memory...
  6. K

Macintosh Plus, 4MB RAM + Keyboard/Mouse

Up for grabs is my trusty Mac Plus. It runs quite happily with 4MB of RAM, and I've got a set of System 6.0.5 disks (copies) for it. It boots quite nicely, floppy drive works like a champ, and the display is good and crisp, no burn in, though it could probably use an adjustment for positioning...
  7. K

Power Macintosh 5400 "Upgrades"

Since I guess this computer is too new to qualify as vintage, it goes here, but I couldn't think of any other forum to ask this on. In fact, I might have posted it somewhere once before, but in any case I couldn't find the thread. The story is this: When I bought my SE/30 and my Plus, the guy...
  8. K

WTB: Apple II(e?) and some other miscellany

I have been on the hunt for an Apple II for some time now. I'm not too particular as to what sort, but I was hoping for one of the earlier guys, maybe a nice IIe, but a IIc would be neat, too. I'm not picky. The problem, of course, is shipping - holy hell is it ever, since I live in Canada. If...
  9. K

Mac System 7.5.2+ Boot Disk

In trying to get a fresh install of 7.5.3 on my Duo 2300c, I'm having a really hard time finding a copy of a boot disk that the 2300c will recognize. The 7.5 Network Access disk is too old, and the 7.5.2 Network Access Disk image I have won't fly. Has anyone got something they know has worked...
  10. K

WTB: PowerBook Duo 2300c Accessories

Since the PB Duo 2300c doesn't really qualify as 'vintage', I figured I'd drop this request here and see what happens. I'm looking primarily for docks - mini-docks are nice because I don't have a place on a desk where I can arbitrarily and permanently dump a Duo Dock, but I'm looking for...
  11. K

FS/FF: Commodore 64 Motherboard

Hi folks! I have two C64s, and unlike some people, I'm not really interested in having them both take up space. As such, I'm taking the one of them in the worst condition, and re-purposing the case to hold the innards of a laptop with a dead LCD. (Simply because a mini-ITX board wouldn't fit...
  12. K

Spitfire Duron 650, 2x Thunderbird Athlon 1.0 GHz

I inherited a couple processors from someone who unloaded a bunch of stuff on me, these are the notable ones. For some reason, people seem to like the Thunderbirds, and the Spitfire is based off the T-bird core. The Duron, of course, has a severely crippled L2 cache - the exclusive cache...
  13. K

WTB: C64 CP/M Cart and Disk

Essentially, I'm looking for the items mentioned in the title. If the cart works appropriately, and the disk boots okay, I'm happy. Don't need a box, don't need the manual. Was trying to pick one up on ePay - surprise, outbid in the final seconds because the page wouldn't load quickly enough...
  14. K

Kvanderlaag's Junk Collection

One man's junk is another man's treasure, right? I think the first post will be a list of the collection. Afterwards, I think each reply is going to be a more detailed explanation of the machine, its various upgrades, and how I came to possess it, as well as what it's being built/used for. Not...
  15. K

Hello from the most egocentric city in Canada!

Hi everyone. I'm a 21 year old computer science student from Calgary, Alberta - where regardless of where you're from, we're better than you. We're better looking, we party harder, we're more sophisticated, and despite our floundering academic institutions and nineteenth-century world view and...
  16. K

WTB: Socket 3 Motherboard

Hello everyone. I'm pretty new around here - I've been reading for a long time, but never signed up until...well, now. I hope that won't discourage you from selling stuff to me, though. I promise I'm a good buyer; prompt, easy to deal with and all that jazz. I'm looking for a Socket 3...
Back