• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

8-Bit IDE Controller

Hi,
I am interested too for an already assembled board in order to revive my old Amstrad PC1512 PC.

I'm "upgrading" my old Tandy 1000SX and need a 8-Bit IDE controller. Something like or similar to an Acculogic sIDE-1/16. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. eBay proves negative at this time.

Thanx,

Agent Orange

Hi
It boggles my mind but the whole XT-IDE project started almost FIVE YEARS ago.

Wow.

Have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

What a great job Hargle and his crew did! That board is now world-wide and it certainly breathed new life into a lot of old PC's that were destined to just plod along with floppy's and a clunky old MFM hard drive. Wouldn't a 8-bit combo HD-floppy controller/serial-parallel port/game port/RTC card be something to behold? Hargle: it's not open season in Minnesota is it? Well a guy can dream a little can't he? :hide:

I have a very old laptop with a drive controller card with XT-IDE pins on it. The problem is that this laptop does not have ISA slots. Is it possible to make an adapter that can attach to the XT-IDE pins on the controller board, and add a IDE slot on the other end? Just like this card, the only difference is that instead of ISA you hook it up directly to the XT pins.

Or does this adapter already exists ?

We need to understand which interface it has exactly as there are several possibilities, and there needs to be some way to get the XTIDE Universal BIOS into the machine. Does it have any custom expansion slots?

You need to give us more information. What kind of computer do you want to put this in?

Are you asking about the XT-IDE v2, or one of the Lo-Tech boards?

I have the Lo-Tech Board that works great in an IBM 5150 PC.

Tandy 1000 TL.

Back