• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A little discussion on modern shipping practices and trends...

I remember the Olden Days when there was a particular PC accessories company who apparently had their warehouse right next to an Airborne Express center. The novelty at the time was something like "Order by 3pm get by 10am". And it wasn't even stupid expensive (at least to me as the consumer).

I think that was outpost.com, and their cutoff time for next day shipping was... get this... 11pm! That's right, order a part at 10:59pm and it arrives on your doorstep at 9am the next morning.

Im not sure what you mean. Those services I mentioned were offering discounted shipping labels. Not address labels.

I assume you are talking about PRE-PAID shipping labels? Have they made paying at their location that much of a headache?

Sigh. It seems like one must have a Master's Degree in shipping these days. It looks like I've put off selling some things too long and now it is just not worth it. Ug.

yes prepaid shipling labels. they (paypal) will not let me make another label unless i signup/join thier service which requires a monthy fee to use.

Doesn't USPS have a free service for making pre paid shipping labels using their service? You can also get free flat rate boxes shipped to your house (or used to anyway)

yes prepaid shipling labels. they (paypal) will not let me make another label unless i signup/join thier service which requires a monthy fee to use.
What service is that? PayPal is now using ShipStation to generate shipping labels, and they say "Use your PayPal account to purchase discounted shipping labels with no subscription fees": https://paypal.shipstation.com/onboarding

What service is that? PayPal is now using ShipStation to generate shipping labels, and they say "Use your PayPal account to purchase discounted shipping labels with no subscription fees": https://paypal.shipstation.com/onboarding

The link you sent only sends me to an option to connect paypal to shipstation.ss join.png
I havent done it myself as I have read a bunch of discussions and some paypal members are saying there is a $9 or $10 dollar monthly charge. And besides, I dont want to join anything else. Id rather just use a service.

I havent done it myself as I have read a bunch of discussions and some paypal members are saying there is a $9 or $10 dollar monthly charge. And besides, I dont want to join anything else. Id rather just use a service.
If you click Agree and Accept, shown below what you'll see. PayPal got rid of their own shipping label creation service (Multi-Order Shipping -- at least for consumers) and now uses ShipStation. I've seen some references saying that Multi-Order Shipping now requires a business account, which I'm sure has a monthly charge, but for non-businesses, they clearly say that ShipStation has no subscription fees.

shipstation.png

Wait what?! HOW? IT still works! Thats great.. thanks Man! This is weird. I have the same bookmark and I used it a week ago and thats what brought me to that shipstation membership which prompted my post. But now it isn't.

yep still works a treat, it's how I do all my shipping

Thanks. Has anyone tried and used this service yet?

If you're talking about the print and ship thing on E-bay, I just recently started using them for shipping computer stuff I sell on e-bay (trying to clear out old stuff to make room for the **new** old stuff). Works pretty good in my experience, but I also have all three hubs near my house.

The part that bugs the heck out of me about it though is you have to know your box dimensions and weight to get the right calculated shipping BEFORE anyone bids or buys, and that can get annoying when you're selling as many things as I am planning to in the near future.

Also, seems UPS store did not have any issues with me packing a vintage Mac SE + Cables + keyboards, mice, manuals, and all that, into a STROLLER box. Seems like the OP's UPS place is a bunch of a-holes.

No I was talking about the paypal specific shipping label creation not eBay.

And we are in agreement about the folks working at the UPS store. I still am not using
UPS for anything and use FedEx exclusively. Not problems to speak of yet. In fact a computer I shipped got down to D.C. in 24 hours with regular shipping rates!

I've used the pre-paid shipping labels on e-bay so far and not had a problem. I just print em' out, gives the tracking to the recipient, and then I just roam up the street to the UPS store and send it off the next morning before work. Got a memory card and a Dell desktop going out this week. Now shipping PRICES on the other hand - woof.

I wont use UPS anymore because of the first post of this thread. In fact i paid an additional $12.00 today just to use fedex.

It wasnt ebay labels thst were an issue. it was paypal labels.

hey let me ask you guys. you ever get contacted thwt they weighed your package claim it was heavier than it was a charge you more (usually an unfair absurd ammount)? Happens to me once in a while just happened again.

I wont use UPS anymore because of the first post of this thread. In fact i paid an additional $12.00 today just to use fedex.

It wasnt ebay labels thst were an issue. it was paypal labels.

hey let me ask you guys. you ever get contacted thwt they weighed your package claim it was heavier than it was a charge you more (usually an unfair absurd ammount)? Happens to me once in a while just happened again.
Yes, and I've also had an add-on happen with UPS as a "fuel surcharge". Oddly, I also had it recently work the opposite way and they reimbursed me $5. That was really odd.

Back