• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone else a member of PayPal who has lost access to thier funds in the past 2 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like you just walked into the room and punched me in the face. I concede sir.. you win!

Now thats one spicy meatball!

My wife pointed that out to me maybe a month ago. I laughed. But to be honest. I dont think many people at all remember the movie these days. Personally I love those 70s disaster/post apocalytic films. And it was so spot on if you think about it. Not nearly as much as Idiocracy from 2006. Mike Judge hit the nail on the head with that one..
I find Idiocracy to be more depressing than funny. Mainly because it was supposed to be a comedy, but in a lot of ways ended up being a documentary.

Not a big movie guy especially compared to my straight-up movie junky brother, but some of my favorite disaster films are A Night to Remember (1958) and Twister (1996 - not to be confused with Sharknado). I am slowly expanding my LD collection but it's primarily music-driven.

I feel like you just walked into the room and punched me in the face. I concede sir.. you win!

Now thats one spicy meatball!
I must admit that I learned a few things from Jeff Varasano (who resides well within the "Pizza belt") - although he knows nothing of Canadian flour, which requires radical changes to his dough recipes.

Last edited:
For the 4th day in a row. They sent another email asking for all the same information AGAIN. Negating what I have submitted everytime.

I decided to write a letter this morning stating my disgust with the company after 24 years. Asking my funds and balance to be mailed to me, and then to close my account as I want nothing more to do with them and do not wish to use thier service.

Regarding Paypal: *giggle* You think it's YOUR money? That's very interesting....
Regarding McDonalds: In Europe the Golden Arches are a wonderful thing. Because it means "clean bathrooms". Seek them out.

In slightly more serious terms, it sounds like PP is doing the usual "KYC" that has become such an annoying part of life in the world these days in an attempt to crack down on "fraud". Oddly enough large capital fraud seems unaffected by any of this, and the people getting screwed are the small mom and pop types. Which is probably the real reason for these kinds of "laws".

What you "should" be doing is buying everything from very large corporations and getting the pay they allocate to you from the same. Buying from or running a small business cuts into those profits that should go to very large conglomerates. This used to be called "barriers to entry" and is why as soon as companies get big they immediately start supporting rules and regulations to keep anyone else out of their market space.

Go figure.

For the 4th day in a row. They sent another email asking for all the same information AGAIN. Negating what I have submitted everytime.

I decided to write a letter this morning stating my disgust with the company after 24 years. Asking my funds and balance to be mailed to me, and then to close my account as I want nothing more to do with them and do not wish to use thier service.
Would be real interesting if and when they reply.

I seriously hope both Paypal and Ebay will be crushed by someone else in the coming years, but the truth of it which czunit missed adding is that you're not supposed to own anything. Not the money in Paypal's account, not the "items" that you "sell".

You are supposed to purchase everything new, and only from the big suppliers. Reselling second hand items is almost forbidden now. Look at that guy who sells refurbished Macs and is famous for right-to-repair videos on youtube. Apple is getting his ads for repaired items removed because of "rights violations" - ie, the big companies don't give him the right to resell their repaired items, because each person who buys a repaired item "steals" a sale from them.

<- Ebay preventing sales intentionally to prevent competition.

<- contains a LOT of expletives, but is funny stuff. A computer repairer bought the wrong part, and thought they could cut the cables and glue them to the other side of a screen and it would still work, so claimed shipping damage... LoL!

It won't be long before someone decides that they own Kaypro or some other historical company and you can't sell repaired collectors items anymore unless you pay them a license fee.

Paypal are not an honest company. Neither is Ebay.

But the solution is not to ignore them, because your own issue has no real value to them. The solution is to find their loopholes and exploit them mercilessly.

And hopefully someone will teach the younger generation that the government and corporations are the last people you should trust.

Thank goodness here are countries with decent consumer protection laws...

They do, but lately they are starting to get watered down through inaction - that is, they let big companies off but small companies get crushed.

And the fines for bad behavior cost less than the profit from committing the bad behavior, while only consumers who are aware of the laws are able to protect themselves with them.

They need to start jailing CEOs once a fine issued exceeds a certain amount, but that is unlikely to ever happen.

Just an update. Yesterday morning (or the morning before I forget). They did the same nonsense to me about asking again for all those intrusive things. This time I sent a scanned copy of the letter I mailed them with my signature. Again that letter said I will not be apart of their further harassment after using thier product for 24 years. Send my remaining balance to me by check and close my account. I attached this to every single questioneer they forcibly kept sending me because they were holding my money hostage.

As of this morning I got another email from Paypal, but this time it said it was a message waiting for me. Here is the message:
pp.jpg

Now again I never asked for an increase in anything. And whats more bizarre is I have sent far for than that through paypal in a month. Years ago anyway. All I was doing was receiving a couple payments via paypal which is something I do very infrequently when all this mess started. I read the letter than got to the main area of the paypal page and the Giant red or yellow banners stating my account was frozen pending inquiries were not there. I went right to the transfer and withdrew all my money. It now has a Zero balance.

I cant explain it. Did they give up? Did the letter I mailed in and sign have an effect? Whos to say. All I know is I hope my money transfer comes out and I am DONE... DONE with paypal. This has been an extremely stressful week of them holding my $1800.00 hostage.

I don't see anying of ssubstanc e youve clame in that letter and curtainly nothing intrusive. Are wee on a diffent planet or summit?The PayPal rep is just declining the increassing limit etotol funds you have appiliad for With out seing thpesise content of your letter to PayPal. Whith any confidential info blacked out of obviously.

I hope you feel better now.....

That spelling is so horrible that I'm not sure what you're saying.

@VERAULT well done, now you can be done with them for ever more. One's thing's for sure - in the US you have no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back