• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone know of Generator repair forum?

If I had a stationary unit that was out-of-doors 24/7, run infrequently and was concerned about battery-induced corrosion, I'd put the battery in a battery box to contain the fumes. They're inexpensive.

I briefly had a Mazda Miata that had the battery in the trunk, and it had a vent hose hooked up to the battery to vent the fumes outside of the trunk. I'm not sure if it was for corrosion or to keep some owner who was a smoker from blowing themselves up :)

I think an old Land Rover I had was setup similarly with the battery under the hood in a plastic box, and a vent hose leading outside.

My 2013 Camaro has the battery where the spare would normally be. Battery sits on a tray of sort and has never been a problem. I should add that the battery is the original and is kept in good health with a battery minder.

James Condon does a lot of youtube videos showing how he gets generators going. He does mostly gas but he has done one or two propane.
Dwight

Hey Guys I want to touch upon this again. I thought I had everything working and resolved but no. I touched upon the two lines to the oil cooler seeping oil. Well part of my repairs were new hoseclamps. Got them from the auto parts store when buying new oil for the generator.

Well as luck would have it these chinese pieces of junk (hose camps) are falling apart and the complete inside of the generator is a pool of oil and its filthy. I only noticed because I was repairing the ground wire on the back and saw what looked like oil pooling and pouring down the entire backside of the generator. So thats nice for my yard and the environment.

I had just enough fresh oil to mostly top it off but barely. Seems all the weekly test cycles caused it to leak out. I hope it wasn't dry for too long.

Where can I buy and can anyone recommend REAL AMERICAN MADE 100% quality GUARANTEED 1/2" Hose clamps?

I cant believe I have to ask this. So tired of the fact that everything you see being sold retail is pure junk. Now you have to find premium hose clamps?!

Last edited:
Dunno about manufacture, but you really need marine-grade 316 or 304 stainless clamps. And that's all stainless--the cheapies use ordinary mild steel for the bolt and its housing, which, naturally, will rust away. Or just use a stainless wire spring clamp.

Dunno about manufacture, but you really need marine-grade 316 or 304 stainless clamps. And that's all stainless--the cheapies use ordinary mild steel for the bolt and its housing, which, naturally, will rust away.
Rust isnt the problem. The mechanism is. ITs just garbage and loosened from vibration (in just a few months). I tried turning/tightening them and it actually loosened them more! The hoses originally had pinch crimped clamps from the factory.

Just grab fuel line clamps, problem solved.

81Ho+P7PBXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hey Guys I want to touch upon this again. I thought I had everything working and resolved but no. I touched upon the two lines to the oil cooler seeping oil. Well part of my repairs were new hoseclamps. Got them from the auto parts store when buying new oil for the generator.

Well as luck would have it these chinese pieces of junk (hose camps) are falling apart and the complete inside of the generator is a pool of oil and its filthy. I only noticed because I was repairing the ground wire on the back and saw what looked like oil pooling and pouring down the entire backside of the generator. So thats nice for my yard and the environment.

I had just enough fresh oil to mostly top it off but barely. Seems all the weekly test cycles caused it to leak out. I hope it wasn't dry for too long.

Where can I buy and can anyone recommend REAL AMERICAN MADE 100% quality GUARANTEED 1/2" Hose clamps?

I cant believe I have to ask this. So tired of the fact that everything you see being sold retail is pure junk. Now you have to find premium hose clamps?!
I would go to a NAPA automotive store.

Back