• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England Anyone with a good 3D printer willing to print this cover for $$?

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

VERAULT

Veteran Member
I recently fixed a Macintosh Color Classic and I am now looking to do a total restore on it. It came without a rare mainboard cover. The files can be found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4755846

Can someone with a 3D printer large enough to handle this job be willing to make it /sell it to me? Please PM me.

Yeah they want insane money. Companies like jawstec used to be affordable but even for little bits they went way up in price. I think PCBway is the cheapest but even they want alot. Im just looking for someone with the equipment who can charge a fair price.

I don't think it will fit on the vast majority of consumer printers. Doesn't seem to fit on my ender3

I don't think it will fit on the vast majority of consumer printers. Doesn't seem to fit on my ender3
Just tested in Cura, fits perfectly fine on an Ender-3 - you just have to rotate it by 45°. Would take 3 hours to print in 0.2mm.

Hmm ok never occured to me to print shit diagonally lol

I'll start the print this afternoon verault and let you know how it turns out

I don't want any money for it, you can just reimburse me for shipping if it comes out acceptably. I only have black PLA however so you'll have to paint it

Are you sure? I am more than happy to pay. ITs several hours of your eletricity and time. Just let me know.

Yeah I was hoping for a light color, but 99% sure Id have to paint it anyway. No worries.

Just tested in Cura, fits perfectly fine on an Ender-3 - you just have to rotate it by 45°. Would take 3 hours to print in 0.2mm.
It appears to slice fine, but then the actual printer truncated the corners when printing. Either I need to figure out how to adjust my build plate settings in Cura for the Ender 3 or I just can't print it

Well they are slightly rounded from the 3d models on the link I posted. I take it you mean they are VERY round? I wonder why that would happen.

Make a template from cardboard from the side of a cereal box then transfer it to a flat piece of suitably size/width plastic/steel/ali plate and use a rotory tool/small drills and small files to manufactfature one yourself or have a friend/neighbor who is good at hand crafts. it'd take about the same time as a 3D printer,if not quicker.

Last edited:
How would you manage the "hooks" on the top of the plate?
Wouldn't even bother trying. They usually get broken anyway. Just use double sided adhesive tape ot a bit of silicone sealant to hold it in place. Generally you are not going to see it anyway seeing as it is at the rear of the system.

Last edited:
It appears to slice fine, but then the actual printer truncated the corners when printing. Either I need to figure out how to adjust my build plate settings in Cura for the Ender 3 or I just can't print it
I'll give it a try as well. It should not cut anything unless the printer profile has some weird settings.

Did you put it perfectly in the center of the plate?

I'll give it a try as well. It should not cut anything unless the printer profile has some weird settings.

Did you put it perfectly in the center of the plate?
Yes. Using default profile for the ender 3. Rotated it until it fit in the center of the visible margins

Back