• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

APPLE macintosh will pay cash

dpatten said:
lemme look around and price one locally...

If ya live in a computer-rich area, it won't be hard to find one cheaper than shipping. Hell, if you're lucky, ya might even get one the same way I got mine, at the 'Curb Store' (trash).
My son just called from Nebraska to brag-up the deal he just got at a local school's 'garage sale'. Picked up five PPC 5400/200s for a buck apiece.

--T

Just to further muddy an already muddied thread :^)

I have a Power Mac 7100/66 AV. Mac used a bastard
monitor connecter, but also had an AV card with a regular Mac 15-pin connector. I used a multisync monitor with it for some time but then found a Mac AV monitor in great shape curbside. Couldn't believe my luck. Had to be collector synchronicity happening there.

Lawrence

At the computer club, we had a 6100/66 with the odd monitor connector, but fortunately it came with an adapter to more traditional 15-pin Mac. That machine also had a "custom" Ethernet interface which required some special transceiver (which we also had one of - lucky us). From what I read, Apple pretty soon went back to the old standards with the following machines.

Picked up five PPC 5400/200s for a buck apiece.

{Howie Mandel Voice} "You made a Great Deal! {Howie Mandel Voice}

seriously, those Machines still have alot of usefulness left in them. A Buck a piece? Where they running?

Starshadow said:
{Howie Mandel Voice} "You made a Great Deal! {Howie Mandel Voice}

seriously, those Machines still have alot of usefulness left in them. A Buck a piece? Where they running?

He said all five fired right up. Unfortunately, he's going to have to abandon them when he leaves Nebraska tomorrow (can't bring 'em on a Greyhound).
At least he's found good homes for three of 'em, he gave them to some computerless kids.

--T

I saw a Performa 5200 in a thrift shop I had never visited before. They asked 125 SEK ($17) for complete system. I was not impressed, but I picked up a four-way parallel port switch for 25 SEK ($3). Hopefully it works, and it suitable to use with my laser printer - somewhere else I read that a mechanical switch is not recommended with parellel port laser printers.

Back