• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Beware - Model 4D or not on eBay?

Tibs

Veteran Member
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Worki...-Orig-Owners-Man-Assem-Lang-Book/122870557799

This listing appears to have conflicting images, and model number. Look closely but there appears to be two different computers in this picture and I am pretty sure I've seen some of the other pictures on other listings.

Could be an honest mistake, but this one I would steer clear of.

EDIT - subject is wrong, but still they have two listed and 94% feedback. Watch out.

The model number is for a Model 4 GA. The 4D is 26-1070. The first, seventh, and eighth pictures are of a diskless Model 4 (original, non-GA). The third, fourth, and fifth pictures are of a Model 4 GA. You can tell it's not a 4D from the missing Backspace key and the logo strip. The last picture you can't tell.

My guess is they have both a 4 GA (26-1069A) and an original 4 (26-1069) and they've got the descriptions and pictures mixed up.

I remember another seller had some pictures that were of both a non-GA and GA and when I sent a message asking for clarification they said they got some of the pictures off the web and the others were original.

The model number is for a Model 4 GA. The 4D is 26-1070. The first, seventh, and eighth pictures are of a diskless Model 4 (original, non-GA). The third, fourth, and fifth pictures are of a Model 4 GA. You can tell it's not a 4D from the missing Backspace key and the logo strip. The last picture you can't tell.

My guess is they have both a 4 GA (26-1069A) and an original 4 (26-1069) and they've got the descriptions and pictures mixed up.

I remember another seller had some pictures that were of both a non-GA and GA and when I sent a message asking for clarification they said they got some of the pictures off the web and the others were original.

Yeah was half awake when I posted on the 4D part. Feedback shows some interesting results of shipping a box of peanuts instead of the drive. Just se me odd. I do remember the shop dos thread now that you mention it

I got a kidney stone for Xmas so kind of .... out of it

Yeah was half awake when I posted on the 4D part. Feedback shows some interesting results of shipping a box of peanuts instead of the drive. Just se me odd. I do remember the shop dos thread now that you mention it

I got a kidney stone for Xmas so kind of .... out of it

The way I read that feedback was the seller shipped the drive in a box of peanuts without wrapping the drive in plastic so,the peanuts filled up the drive. I had a seller do the same thing to me with a printer. The peanuts got everywhere.

Problem with lithotripsy is that stones tend to recur.

In 1985 or so, I picked up a real humdinger that got lodged in a ureter. Lithotripsy hadn't really been developed, so I spent 10 days in a morphine-induced haze, with an x-ray every 4 hours or so to see if there was any movement. The damned thing wouldn't move, so in the end, they ended up going in after it. Not something that I ever want to experience again.

About 6 months later, some guy from Lockheed and a physician friend his came up with the lithotriptor. Sometimes, timing is everything, I guess.

Mine was impacted in the end of the tube behind the bladder and they lithotrypsied it and said they dont expect I'll need a second or have any recurrence since it was the only one in my body, I didn't even blink pulled out the credit card and said lets go! I changed my ways a few years back with food and probably have avoided most of the risk factors.

Today is day one of post procedure. Good thing is they had to do a CT scan to be sure it was in the tube and not something outside the bladder and none anywhere else. It was 8 or 9 mm, and I swear I pissed out strawberry sundae topping immediately when I woke up scared me and my wife. Nurse just laughed at me.

I was actually lucky where it was, no kidney bruising or pain. I didn't even know I had a stone stuck, I thought I had a UTI and so did the doctor, but no infection so they panicked and thought kidney or bladder cancer since blood. Bastages are always scaring people.

They were surprised when they saw the stone. Kidney didnt swell up so must have been a little flow. When the urologist said wow thats big I cringed thinking it would be the catheter method.

Thing I am dealing with now is all the damn little stones (Jagged ones, not the smooth one) are tearing me up when they come out. They got me on what they called "old man stuff".

I'll tell ya guys, if you ever have weird urges to go immediately after you go, and you don't have a flow issue normally and its sudden, get your butt to the urologist. I suffered for three weeks before they figured out what it was, simply because I had zero stone symptoms. All were UTI, cancer or prostate and they ruled out 1 and 3 in the first week. Week 2 referral, holidays, took a bit longer to get in.

I think the worst part of the procedure was having the visit and procedure on different days at 3pm, which means fasting two days in a row without water.

Im off the Percocet now...didnt like how I felt anyway on it so glad.

Drink lots of water!
I've had several small stones, a stag horn and a bladder stone the size of a gulf ball.
Turns out it is because of oxalates. Instead of avoiding calcium, as with some stones, it is because I don't get enough calcium. So I try to avoid foods high in oxalates ( mostly leafy vegetables ) and eat more dairy products ( not for all kinds of stones ).
To add insult, I had a health worker from work get all in a puff when I told her that I was eating dairy products to increase my calcium. "Oh no, you should be eating more spinach" she says. I told her, that was about the best advice to put me back in the hospital. Spinach it right at the top 5 worst things I could eat.
Nuts and even bran flakes, normally considered healthy, are also off the menu for me.
If you have recurring stones, you should always ask to be test to see what is causing them. It my not be that you should void high calcium things, it may be the other way around.
Dwight

I contacted them and they realized it was an error. The one I had listed was a non gate array and the other is a gate array.

I this thread, we have both recurring Model 4s and recurring renal stones! :)

My rocks were the calcium oxalate variety. Maybe it's fortunate that I don't like spinach and avoid it anyway? And maybe the calcium in my very hard tap water isn't as bad for me as I feared? Bah, biology is hard. I'm sticking with computers and dogs.

Interesting topic for a site about old computers. ;-)

I guess old guys collect more than old computers, they also collect kidney stones. I'm no exception. And I didn't even like the percocet. A friend of mine had a stone and the urologist told him it's the most intense pain a man can have.

At any rate, after my event was over I happened to go in a friend's hot tub (Jacuzzi). The next day both kidney's ached like I was having another stone. The urologist said the vibration probably stirred up some little ones. Since then I've made it a point to hit the hot tub at least once a month, put the bubbles on and put my lower back right up against the jet. Poor man's lithotripsy. Haven't had a stone since (knock wood).

Back