• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Build your own PDP 8I, Part 4..

I'll be placing an order on "this side" of the Atlantic - one for me, one for Marty, one for Mark Arnold. If anyone else wants one for the cost of purchase + shipping, now's the time to let me know.

Reactions: smp
I'll be placing an order on "this side" of the Atlantic - one for me, one for Marty, one for Mark Arnold. If anyone else wants one for the cost of purchase + shipping, now's the time to let me know.

I believe I contacted you about this quite some time ago, Jack. Please make sure there's one for me, too!
I'll also send you a PM indicating my proper mailing address.

smp

Last edited:
OK,

I am starting to upload files to my google drive for the LD12 front panel project at https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...40?usp=sharing.

My PCB has been manufactured - and is currently in the transportation system somewhere between Hong Kong and the UK...

In the meantime (whilst I am waiting) I have decided to get a head start with the construction documentation. I have learnt my lesson from the LD12 PCB - do the documentation ***BEFORE*** attempting to assemble rather than after...

I have uploaded the rendered images of the top and bottom of the PCB and the PDF output from the KiCAD renders.

A draft copy of the construction manual is also there.

I would value any suggestions anyone has on the construction manual at this point in time.

When my PCBs arrive, (hopefully this week) I will start on the construction - using my own documentation - and take a number of photographs at various points to include as things progress.

Assuming things go according to plan, I will finish off the documentation and upload the result plus the Gerber files for everyone to use.

If something goes wrong somewhere (and it will) I can correct this within the documentation before you fall over it.

Getting tired now - watch a bit of TV and call it a night :)!

EDIT: Just had a very quick read of the construction manual after I uploaded it - and found a couple of errors myself... Fixed them now!

Regards,

Dave

Last edited:
"Assuming things go according to plan" ... ah, yes. But then there is always Plan B, Plan C ... Regardless, we're all rooting for you and looking for a successful outcome! Glad to see you back on track!

This thread is the main reason I joined vcfed. Reading every word, and following the external links posted throughout this thread has been one of the most rewarding experiences in memory recall.

Back in my University days I wired up one of these boards for class. I would dearly like to repeat that experience. I would like to express interest in acquiring PCBs if anyone else is considering manufacturing a batch and looking to sell the extras.

This thread is the main reason I joined vcfed. Reading every word, and following the external links posted throughout this thread has been one of the most rewarding experiences in memory recall.

Back in my University days I wired up one of these boards for class. I would dearly like to repeat that experience. I would like to express interest in acquiring PCBs if anyone else is considering manufacturing a batch and looking to sell the extras.
I have an extra set of boards. I'm sending you a DM.
Jack

Back