• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CBM PET 710 WITH BASIC PROBLEMS

I wanted to thank Dave, Eudi and Hugo for the great help you are giving me.... without you I would have already lost <3

This one is somewhat testing - as our usual 'tools' (a NOP generator) no longer appears to work reliably - hence we are having to use the 'suck it and see' methodology...

Dave

I'm happy reading the thread now, that likely the CPU is probably ok, it is just a difficult one to deal with.

When Eudi said: " then presumably the CPU is rampaging around DRAM" it really made me laugh, thanks Eudi.

It reminded me of the vintage 1984 movie Runaway where things like 8088 CPU controlled Farm equipment Robots went berserk and Tom Selleck was the police officer who tried to control them. It is a very funny movie, some light relief perhaps.

Don't forget that you will have to adjust the oscilloscope timebase to 'see' the address line. We are only using the EPROM /CS line as the trigger - we have no actual interest in seeing it... We want to see a stable address line signal.

You might want to deal with (say) A7 first - being a lower frequency...

Dave

Don't forget that you will have to adjust the oscilloscope timebase to 'see' the address line. We are only using the EPROM /CS line as the trigger - we have no actual interest in seeing it... We want to see a stable address line signal.

You might want to deal with (say) A7 first - being a lower frequency...

Dave
i have always same signal Daver...

Back