• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Compaq Portable 286 (pair of 'em)

norami

I have a pair of Compaq Portable 286 for Best Offer. Located in Northern California.

640K RAM
3.5" floppy drive
20MB hard drive - checked with SpinRite 5 & no problems
One has a carry case/overcoat

John O

Are they both in working (and/or 'original') condition? Pm me with more details. TNX!

--T

I have a better idea .. post the condition of the machines publicly, because others might be interested. Use PMs if the question is not of general interest to others.

Is the interest in these as intensive as the rapid replies infer ? I realise the red plasma screen is cool, and the sewing machine shape is alluring but I wasn't aware these were the current slash/dot items. I have one working but alas don't have the original keyboard/frontpiece. A compaq keyboard with a slim outline and metal connector however does work on mine. Offers will be accepted if you PM me.

Can't remember for sure but I believe it does boot from a small HDD with the setup files on it.

This is first place they have been offered. Came from one of our large corporate accounts.

The pair of them are in in original working order. Nothing missing or damaged - One of them has a date stenciled in fold-out stand on bottom case of
Sept 6 1988

Located in Sacramento CA - photos and further info available

Send personal emails to: norami (at) unlimited.net

Note: may take a couple days to answer email's because of my out of town work.

John O

Lawrence,

These are the 'Portable 286', rarest of all Compaqs, not the smaller, lighter Portable II or III. They only made em for a few months, presumably in an effort to use up thier stockpile of full-size cases.

--T

Yes, I am an original owner of a still working Compaq Portable 286 - the full sized case version. That one is NOT for sale.

For Sale are two each Compaq Portable II - smaller case versions. (maybe a third one - will know tomorrowon it) They are all fully operational. Located in Sacramento, CA.

If you want more info or photos send PM to
norami (at) unlimited.net

Back