• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

DEC Rainbow for sale

Hi,

Thanks very much for letting us know!

Does the Rainbow require a special DEC monitor? Will any composite video monitor work? What about CGA?

Thanks very much, in advance!

smp

It's been a good while since I played w/this type of stuff, so I'm understandably rusty. SOG means the Vsync and Hsync signals are added to the Green signal. O hunky dory I bet that made your day. Therefore those signals are radically different from each other, and the green signal. Hz, Khz, and Mhz respectively. Those sync signals are too low I guess to effect the green signal, but the opposite isn't necessarily true. You *could* try informally splitting the signals, simply adding the green to all 3 inputs of a normal monitor (or if you have a real oddball, combined sync + R + G + B). Not sure how much driving current each needs. The green signal may be a _noisome_ pest to those inputs. Older monitors might be perturbed more then newer ones. Of course you could filter out the green from where you input to the syncs. But I don't know how. I used to add syncs to green back in the day. But this issue is the opposite of that.
Search through circuit manuals you might find something. Get 'er done.
Does your 'bow even have color capability?

I used to have 3 Rainbows. Sold all 3. Why'd I done did that? One day I'll own another. You betcha.

Back