• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Eagle 1 for $1M

Illegal IBM clone -> Eagle -> Mentioned by LGR in a video -> ??? -> Clearly worth money due to its bold and (un)forgettable history.

It doesn't even work. He has no idea what he has.

This one is a CP/M (Z80) machine--the clone was the Eagle PC. Eagle I and II aren't uncommon or particularly rare (the primary difference is that the I has a single floppy drive and the II had two). The guy is dreaming.

Here's the II:
eagle_II_1s.jpg

The CP/M Eagles were noted for the "right out of the box" setup (Eagle held contests to see who could get from the packing box to a command prompt the fastest) and their use for running slide shows and so forth (AVL = Audio Visual Laboratories was the maker). The word processor, Spellbinder, was pretty good for a CP/M system.

No, that Spirit is nearly the end of the line before bankruptcy. Long after Dennis Barnhart wrapped his new Ferrari around a tree at the bottom of a ravine on the same day as the Eagle IPO. Easy come, easy go, I guess.

Back