• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Faxing from cellular

Alabamarebel1861

Experienced Member
Alright so this is probably going to sound very very silly but I have a Nokia 3390b cellular phone and I would love to know if theres a way to send/recieve faxes through mobile? I constantly have incoming and outgoing faxes and being able to do it on-the-go would be tremendously useful.

The last time I ever did a cellular fax it was a Motorola Timeport and you NEEDED the data cable as the phone would appear to the host computer (and fax software) as a voice/data/fax modem.

This was also about 10 years ago, so...

The last time I ever did a cellular fax it was a Motorola Timeport and you NEEDED the data cable as the phone would appear to the host computer (and fax software) as a voice/data/fax modem.

This was also about 10 years ago, so...

the 56K PCMCIA modem in my Compaq is one of those that has the ability to dial and fax through cellular. Unfortunately my Nokia is a tad too new to support it at least from whats listed on the box. Of coarse if a cable exists that connects the Nokia 3310 platform to that modem it would more than likely work.

I've never used one of these services, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the entire idea that you just upload the document from your computer to the web service, or download something they have received for you? So, no phone needed at all? (Unthinkable, I know).

I've never used one of these services, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the entire idea that you just upload the document from your computer to the web service, or download something they have received for you? So, no phone needed at all? (Unthinkable, I know).

Yes I have friends who use these services however I'm looking for a solution that's totally mobile. I can send faxes from my Compaq laptop as long as theres a phone line availble but I'm not always near a phone line.

I've never had the pleasure of sending or receiving a fax through my cellular device but I like the way you think!

Back