• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

I do believe that is the CM-5 atop the unit. That, IINM, was the upgraded monitor I payed much more then a deuce for (back in 1985). I seem to recall the upgraded package was over 1300$. All those Tandy CGA monitors were horrendous to look at. The VM-1 was gorgeous, and the CM-1 was pretty good also, but they were 400 lines (twice CGA) units made by Mitsubishi.
Am I supposed to keep chitter-chatter off this thread?

I do believe that is the CM-5 atop the unit. That, IINM, was the upgraded monitor I payed much more then a deuce for (back in 1985).

That's the CM-2, the precursor to what eventually became the CM-11. The CM-5 was Tandy's low-end CGA monitor with large, grainy dot pitch and non-anti-glare screen.

The CM-1 was the hi-res 640x400 color monitor designed for the Tandy 2000, although they did eventually release a special video card to let you use it with a Tandy 1000 or normal PC clone. I believe it could emulate EGA.

ok, it was the CM-2 then. The CM-5 must have had the all white case and bezel, the one that was offered w/the Tandy 1000 1985 999$ deal. But for what it's worth they were all grainy to me.

They had a card that is purported to operate the CM-1 but was actually an EGA card (that consequently wouldn't drive a normal EGA monitor, can't see how it could, unless it was very versatile and could be set up to do it w/dip switches. I doubt it though).

Says it's gone. Hope it's headed your way! If it falls out of the sky here, I'll take it!

In Portland Oregon area, my craigslist ad for stuff that's sitting in my garage that I've decided I'm never going to use, including an Ampro Z80 little board, some FH 5.25" floppies, a nice Xerox dual Shugart 8" external drive unit, a DEC VT-510 terminal. For people on this forum prices will be lower, especially if you buy multiple items. I mostly just want it gone.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/sop/5370599811.html

Back