• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

Spotted this Royal Alphatronic Z80-based computer on Seattle area CL. Same as Triumph-Adler Alphatronic AFAIK. Made in Japan, mostly sold in Germany I think.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/sys/d/everett-royal-alphatronic-vintage/6784395979.html

It also appears to be on EB, but local pickup only:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Alph...9:g:e0sAAOSwcqxb~DMu:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true
Not a bad price for something that's basically brand new and decades old. I wonder how even something like this ends up staying intact and unopened this long. :confused:

God, I miss CompuAdd. They made some great systems back in the day. Just like Swan. Makes me wish I still have the old catalogs they'd always send in the mail.

Yes they along with Swan were nice but G2K ruled the second tier clone makers (i.e. after Dell, HP, Compaq, etc.). I remember waiting forever for the "Baby Tower" 386 from G2K which never got FCC approval.... This was back in the days of all towers being 14 bay monstrosities... You know the good old days... :)

Yes they along with Swan were nice but G2K ruled the second tier clone makers (i.e. after Dell, HP, Compaq, etc.). I remember waiting forever for the "Baby Tower" 386 from G2K which never got FCC approval.... This was back in the days of all towers being 14 bay monstrosities... You know the good old days... :)
Yep, Gateway definitely made a huge impact and you'd think they would have still been around today considering how large they were. Dell is pretty much the only company that's been making PCs from that era and is still around.

Yea, is saw that come up on my saved search feed. That price seems VERY high, but then I see working portables sell for $4-500 on ebay. Combined with the Q700, the 2si parts machine, and the Plus, it honestly doesn't seem THAT bad. I had no idea the prices were that high for those machines. I mean the IISI isnt worth 1/4 of what he wants unless that upgrade card is made of gold somehow. But everything else added up comes close to fair when you figue you won't be paying for shipping.

Well as is usually the case, it depends on the buyer. Of you were someone who happened to really want all those models, it's about close to market value. There's no room for profit or for shipping if one wanted to split them up and resell them though. As for the IIsi, I sold one for $115 including shipping, without an accelerator. So it's high but not so horrible.

I got the aforementioned Little Boards. Both main units work but need some attention to the B drives. Some excellent documentation included. I will be offereing some of the pieces I can't justify keeping. Please let me know if anyone has interest in these great little computers.

Back