• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

I got the aforementioned Little Boards. Both main units work but need some attention to the B drives. Some excellent documentation included. I will be offereing some of the pieces I can't justify keeping. Please let me know if anyone has interest in these great little computers.

Glad to hear they went to a good home. I was interested but shipping was going to be quite ridiculous specially with UPS which is what the seller wanted to use. Enjoy them!

We weren't that far away from each other so the shipping was very reasonable. Apparently the seller was the original owner of the systems.

Funny, I paid $40 for my II+ and as well, $40 for my Kapro II with tons of (mostly bad) disks, manuals, etc. (and another non-working, un repairable kaypro 2/84 given to me free). Both last year and both Craigslist. While admittedly mine might have been a little cheaper than normal, $300 for that Apple II+ seems extremely high.

Funny, I paid $40 for my II+ and as well, $40 for my Kapro II with tons of (mostly bad) disks, manuals, etc. (and another non-working, un repairable kaypro 2/84 given to me free). Both last year and both Craigslist. While admittedly mine might have been a little cheaper than normal, $300 for that Apple II+ seems extremely high.

Those are good prices for untested pickups. Very cheap for tested mostly working pickups... Especially the Apple II. Agree that is more an eBay price, but that's what people ask.

http://rittwage.com/oldcomputers :)

Those are good prices for untested pickups. Very cheap for tested mostly working pickups... Especially the Apple II. Agree that is more an eBay price, but that's what people ask.

http://rittwage.com/oldcomputers :)

I dunno, those seem like average prices to me. Kaypro's routinely show up here in the $100 price-range, and regular Plus 4+'s I also see about that price or lower however that one is probably better than average price because it has two uncommon things going for it... It's in a box, and it works (most plus 4's don't and they have chips that are very hard to replace, much like my kaypro 2/84). As for the Apple II, it's an Apple II+ not an Apple II, so that price seems out of line. I don't see as many II+'s though, it's mostly IIe's but those are always sub $200 (Besides my $40 II+, I have a IIe that was missing a couple keys that I later replaced and was $10).

I dunno, those seem like average prices to me. Kaypro's routinely show up here in the $100 price-range, and regular Plus 4+'s I also see about that price or lower however that one is probably better than average price because it has two uncommon things going for it... It's in a box, and it works (most plus 4's don't and they have chips that are very hard to replace, much like my kaypro 2/84). As for the Apple II, it's an Apple II+ not an Apple II, so that price seems out of line. I don't see as many II+'s though, it's mostly IIe's but those are always sub $200 (Besides my $40 II+, I have a IIe that was missing a couple keys that I later replaced and was $10).

Yeah, I meant II+, that is normal price with drives. Regular II would be $800-2000 depending on vintage. IIe is $50-100.

Yeah, I meant II+, that is normal price with drives. Regular II would be $800-2000 depending on vintage. IIe is $50-100.

Well, maybe I should sell my II+ then... I kinda regretted it after I got it because the IIe was much better, so it's been relegated to the garage storage as a backup (with the IIe out where I can use it). It had a few cards in it that no-one could identify, plus some of that videx stuff that didn't quite work right or maybe not hooked up properly. It was going to be a future project to figure that out (or likely just pull out all the videx stuff, although I couldn't figure out how to get it off the lid without wrecking either). The lid needed repainting since it was all scratched up as well. Can't find matching paint so likely I'd have to repaint the whole thing and so that's a later project.

Well, maybe I should sell my II+ then... I kinda regretted it after I got it because the IIe was much better, so it's been relegated to the garage storage as a backup (with the IIe out where I can use it). It had a few cards in it that no-one could identify, plus some of that videx stuff that didn't quite work right or maybe not hooked up properly. It was going to be a future project to figure that out (or likely just pull out all the videx stuff, although I couldn't figure out how to get it off the lid without wrecking either). The lid needed repainting since it was all scratched up as well. Can't find matching paint so likely I'd have to repaint the whole thing and so that's a later project.

Yeah, they have been creeping up lately in price/value. I have a couple and it seems every time I pull them out (every couple years) I have to monkey around with them to get them running again. The sockets on them are terrible, and there are SO many of them. :)

How about an Intel Paragon XP/E supercomputer? A scaled-up version of this was apparently declared the "world's most powerful supercomputer" in 1993. Could be a bargain at $4500 on Seattle CL:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/sys/d/snohomish-intel-paragon-xp-supercomputer/6807913919.html
He's been trying to sell that thing for years now with the "no lowballers. I know I have here" crap. At least it's down from $10000

In other news, the LA craigslist has what looks to be a TEPEST-prototype mac 512k. He says it's a Lisa but there's clear signs it's just a mac. Comes with the matching TEMPEST prototype ImageWriter and connecting fiber optic cable.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/sys/d/santa-barbara-apple-512k-lisa-computer/6821774006.html

Back