• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: IBM 5150 PC2 with keyboard

SGTSQUID

Experienced Member
A secure undisclosed location in the Mojave Desert
I am selling a PC2 with a keyboard. Cosmetically it is in nice condition as shown in the pictures, with some minor marks. It has a Sixpakplus with 384K , an 8087 coprocessor, 2 half height floppy drives and a CGA video card. I checked it out and everything works fine. I will also include an original DOS 2.1 from IBM along with copies of DOS, an IBM diagnostic disk and the AST software. I think $150 plus shipping is fair, and if you want a different video card or something else added I can do that. The box would be 24" x 20" x 12" and about 45 lbs.

IMG_7850.jpgIMG_7851.jpgIMG_7852.jpgIMG_7853.jpgIMG_7855.jpgIMG_7856.jpgIMG_7857.jpgIMG_7858.jpgIMG_7859.jpgIMG_7860.jpgIMG_7861.jpgIMG_7862.jpgIMG_7863.jpgIMG_7864.jpgIMG_7865.jpgIMG_7866.jpg

Last edited:
It looks very nice; I wish I had the space for one, but sadly I do not! It is so clean though, I hope it sells well!

I'd normally be very interested in this, but a quick comparison of FedEx, UPS, and the USPS all show about $73 to ship it from you to me, and I just can't justify that right now. Even shipping via Greyhound Bus is $77. (When did domestic shipping get so damn expensive?)

How far from the bay area are you? I *might* be interested if I could get it without shipping.

I'm in Mojave, which is 5 hours from you according to Google. Do you ever go to the LA area by any chance? I will be down in that area next week for the Mars Society conference in Irvine.

Not on any regular basis unfortunately, and no plans to head that way anytime soon.

Try USPS.

USPS is going to be way higher that FedEx or UPS, due to the size of the box. They've gotten really weird over that, recently and I still haven't figured out their formula. There even seems to be some exceptions to it, when you're right next door.

There's nothing weird about it.

You go to their site, fill in the particulars, and bingo. That's all there is to it. I do it all the time.

You're missing the point. With FedEx or UPS you pay either the dimensional weight (LxWxH/166) or the actual weight, whichever is greater. That's consistent.

With the USPS, they have "Zones" and, while there used to be clear rules on size (called "Balloon Pricing") which were applied consistently across zones, those appear to have been replaced by a new and complex system where sometimes you pay actual weight, other times you pay dimensional weight but it does not depend upon which is greater, but rather on some complex formula involving zones, weight and size.

That's what I have yet to figure out.

You're missing the point. With FedEx or UPS you pay either the dimensional weight (LxWxH/166) or the actual weight, whichever is greater. That's consistent.

With the USPS, they have "Zones" and, while there used to be clear rules on size (called "Balloon Pricing") which were applied consistently across zones, those appear to have been replaced by a new and complex system where sometimes you pay actual weight, other times you pay dimensional weight but it does not depend upon which is greater, but rather on some complex formula involving zones, weight and size.

That's what I have yet to figure out.
Sorry if there's an echo in here but...

You go to their site, fill in the particulars, and bingo. That's all there is to it. I do it all the time.

There's nothing to figure out.

Back