• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pacific Northwest Heathkit H8 computers and peripherals for sale

Covers: Oregon and Washington

vasi0011

Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
I have several Heathkit H8 Computers with many peripherals for sale. All computers and peripherals are in excellent running condition, with no problems. Books and manuals as well. I also have trainers kits for sale. Spokane WA area.

I have several Heathkit H8 Computers with many peripherals for sale. All computers and peripherals are in excellent running condition, with no problems. Books and manuals as well. I also have trainers kits for sale. Spokane WA area.

I'm looking for an H8! Could you let me know what you have.

Also, a broken H8, or just an empty H8 case would also be fine.

Oregon area. (but it's still too far to drive to Spokane; I'd need shipping)

Scott

I have several fully functioning H8's Scott. Sounds like you're looking for ones you can build on?

I have several fully functioning H8's Scott. Sounds like you're looking for ones you can build on?
Basically this hackaday article, and the site that it links to: https://hackaday.com/2021/10/27/vcf-east-2021-preserving-heathkits-8-bit-computers/ . Someone has cloned most of the boards necessary to build an H8.

I could build the whole thing from scratch, and a few people have, but the cabinet for the H8 has an iconic look and feel to it. I've been keeping an eye out for someone who either has a cabinet, or an H8 in disrepair, or one that's complete but cheap (in that case I'd either use or save the original boards).

Every so often I get a wild idea to grab a vintage computer I don't already have and start making new pcboards for it. Undoubtedly I'd end up making an H8 speech synthesizer.

Scott

Sorry not able to part with these for low prices. I've held onto them for many years, hoping to cash in on their rarity now.

Sorry not able to part with these for low prices. I've held onto them for many years, hoping to cash in on their rarity now.

Yeah, Unfortunately for me that's probably not the H8 project that I'm lookin' for. I'm more looking for something rough and in need of a bit of work.

There seems to be a bit of missing information.
Where are they?
Do they have disk systems? Soft or hard sectored?
How much RAM?
Do they have CP/M options?
Do they come with a terminal?
What CPU do they have?
I'm sure a prospective buyer may have additional questions. I know I would if I were looking.
Dwight

Pictures would be lovely. Even though I'm not in the market for a functional H8 myself, still like seeing things...

Has anyone bought one? I know there was at least one person who sent a PM.

Hold on for pictures. These are original H8's and have not been modified in any way.

The CPU is the 8080A. You need to have a floppy disk unit to run the CP/M operating system, or use BASIC as a programming language, otherwise it's just machine language coded in octal. You enter the programs via the front buttons and see the results on the digital output display. It's about as basic as you can get. There are programs that can be entered that are supplied via the manual, otherwise you can create your own.

I told the seller that I was quite interested and asked him to contact me when he decided on his asking price, but I haven't heard anything back from him.

I'll post pictures and see what people want to offer. Thought I had three, but I guess I only have two. One is setup for terminal (included), floppy disk unit (included), and I think external storage (which I also have). It comes with a ton of FORTRAN software running on CP/M.

The second one is just a basic H8, thinking as it was originally sold.

I've got a ton of documentation, all original manuals for EVERYTHING, and some redundant. I think I must have nearly everything (manuals) that Heathkit put out. There's also a printer, but hasn't been tested.

Folks, PLEASE do not post your email address openly on the forum. This is really bad for your personal security and for spam.

Use the PM system.

- Alex

Back