• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from a Vintage PC collecter from up North

Dustin

Hi all,

Just found this great forum, and was surprised to see so many vintage computer-lovers out there. I've had many different oldies in the past few years , but have down-sized from many IBM PS/1's and a PCjr (which ended up self-destructing) to just my 486 DX2/66Mhz, and my IBM PC 5150 that my Dad brought home from IBM (It was used to control a very old machine used in the 1980's to burn the protective coating off of wafers for servicing). I've also gotten hold of a older computer made by BIOS that I took the hard drive from to upgrade my 5150 to PC/XT status.

PCXT.JPG

I look forward to conversing with all you vintage computer collectors.

Best regards,

Dustin

Last edited:
Welcome. When I saw the title of the post I wondered about your location, but I imagine you mean NE US, not Canada nor Alaska.

I have several pristine IBM PCs but my pride and joy is the one with the Intel 386Inside upgrade. A real eyestopper when you see a PC using a VGA monitor.
Whaattt !!

Lawrence

Micom 2000 said:
Welcome. When I saw the title of the post I wondered about your location, but I imagine you mean NE US, not Canada nor Alaska.

I have several pristine IBM PCs but my pride and joy is the one with the Intel 386Inside upgrade. A real eyestopper when you see a PC using a VGA monitor.
Whaattt !!

Lawrence

Yes I'm in the US. Vermont to be exact :D

An old PC using VGA is quite a sight for sure. What type of VGA card did you use?

Ooops. Shows how good my sense of direction is. I lived in Montreal for many years and am well-acquainted with Vermont. Sorry.

The VGA connector is on the Intel card. They also had a 286 version. There was a daughter card available which increased memory but the only one I've had authenticated was by a charter member of the "MCA Mafia"

CPM and DEC guru Allison has one on her Leading Edge PC but those are the only 2 I know of. There used to be configuration programs on the Intel site but I imagine their long gone by now. I even have a sticker on my PC issued by Intel. "386 Intel Inside".

Lawrence

Welcome!
For a moment when I read your post I thought you were from Newcastle! *Why Aye, Man!*

It takes a bit of getting used to when its the minority of forum members come from your country... :wink:

Hiii

Hiii

I want to joun?
Iam new member
wold any member help me??
:idea:

Back