• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

hello from canada

1983dragon

this is ratherly a nice forum, I really like it.

father bought an Apple IIGS in 1984 and when I was old enough there were a lot of disks and floppies games for it.

that is the only vintage system I have at all, its usually stored upstairs of the garage but once in a rare while it gets set up inside house for a few days then repacked away :wink:

well..since now I mentioned having an IIGS, do anyone recall Printshop and Disney Crossword? I still remember using both quite a lot, and on our birthday parties there would surely be a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" banner made from Printshop in the kitchen all the times before the IIGS finally was not the only computer in house anymore (in came the powerpc performa macintosh but thats another history story)

p.s = 1983 is my birth year

Welcome to the VC Forums!

It's nice to hear that the old GS gets some use from time to time. Those old machines get lonely, you know! :)

Enjoy!

Erik

Welcome. Where in Canada may I ask ? Our country's a big place and I am always looking for local enthusiasts. I live in Central Manitoba in a place that sound like Wpg. with a disease, Winnipegosis. Means "little muddy water" in Cree.

Lawrence

Ratherly??? I just love Canadian... My little friend, David, has been in-country for a little over a year now, and when he was here last week, I noticed a distinct Canadian accent to his speech. (He usually goes to visit his mother in Texas for the summers, and when he comes home after 3 months in Texas, he speaks with a distinct drawl (y'all)).

--T

micom, I'm quite close to the capital city but living on quebec side and umm I'm english only by the way

thanks vlad, and did I mentioned I quite like your avatar? :D

Thanks, my avatar was one of the built in ones from the old forum. I think Erik was importing them. Maybe, but if he is, there were a bunch like the one I use.
-V

Back