• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Fred3rd (Just call me Fred)

fred3rd

Experienced Member
Well I guess you want to know what rock I climbed out from under. I started with a yardsale CowBox in 2000. Little did I know the cow had died or so I was told a year later when a neighbor looked at it for me. The same neighbor gave me a Pentium I 180mhz with windblows 98. I was off and running then. I also cought the bug at the same time. Collecting curbsiders, sometimes a truckload at a time. And I started tinkering and brain picking all that would talk to me. I got that 180 the last week of September, by Christmas I had rebuilt 3 for Christmas presents.
July7, 2001 I started night school and on June 28, 2005 I recieved my degree in Computer Network Administration. Did I catch the bug or what. Not bad for a 4* year old far, huh?
I've tried to tone down the dragging home addiction, but sometimes it's overpowering. I still haven't used all 14 Apple IIe's that I've aquired. And the list goes on, IBM, Compaq, Packard Hell, ect.
I'm just so glad I've finally found (accidentally) a group that shares my interest. You guys are great.:D

Thanks,
Fred

welcome to the forum. I'm in the middle of re-restoring alot of my machines after my storage building was vandalised a year ago( shot out the windows, and a few monitors :mad: ) so my Dragging home habit has halted for the moment ( except the two Apollos, could turn them down!)

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your camaraderie with the rest of the addicts! :)

Yeah, I recently had to throw out a lot of the semi-old stuff I was keeping around (late AT-era PC components, mostly). It added up to over 1,000 pounds of equipment...

Welcome, Fred. I'm a bit new here myself!

Back