• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Oregon

ewastenw

Well a little about me.
I am not a collector but maby a source!
I have done nothing else but work the computer recycling ? sales trade for 7 years. I joined this forum to learn. If I see a 8088 chip It usualy will get recycled. When you do what I do It's hard to research every thing.
Looking for something just let me know maby I can help!
Machines that have come and gone.
apple I, II and IIIs IBMs tandy radio shack pc compaq portable yah 30 lbs
not very portable.

What I'm getting at here is I have a direct source. People recycle there old stuff all the time.

There are items that I just don't know what they are Like magnetic core memmory What the heck was that used for?

Welcome, and, if you stay around long enough, you'll be able to spot a NEC V-20 50 feet away.

Since people insist that I service their legacy and vintage equipment, I'm always looking for strange parts. Perhaps you have some.

Very cool and welcome to the group. You can certainly post any item you find and get some answers here on what it is. As some have said, if you really had an Apple I that's one of the most expensive systems you could find although perhaps it was years and years ago and not as bad as the equivalent value today.

Most of us here are interested in seeing what's out there anyway so if you come across something and want to hold it for a week or so just post it in the for sale forum, or even an auction and then post a link to it in one of the forums and I'm sure it'll get some consideration. If you're just looking for information on the item this is a great spot for that as well.

Good luck and glad you found your way here!
- John

Well a little about me.
I have done nothing else but work the computer recycling ? sales trade for 7 years. I joined this forum to learn. If I see a 8088 chip It usualy will get recycled. When you do what I do It's hard to research every thing.
not very portable.

What I'm getting at here is I have a direct source. People recycle there old stuff all the time.

There are items that I just don't know what they are Like magnetic core memmory What the heck was that used for?

I'm always on the lookout for the first few generations of IBM PC (up to the end of the PS/2 line.)

Well a little about me.
not very portable.

edit: it occurred to me that I basically posted a wanted ad here...so I've removed it and am sending as a PM.

Welcome to the site...the folks here definitely know what they're talking about and know how to give vintage electronics a good home.

Last edited:
Back