• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Sunnyvale, CA

ArcadeDanger

Hey folks, joining the forum to see if I can get some help getting an old "Darth Vader" Apple II working again. My modest collection vintage computers consists of some MacOS X era hardware such as a Ruby G3 iMac, 15" iMac G4, and a beautiful MacPro "trashcan" cylinder. On the UNIX side I've got some dear to me SGI Indy computers that were in my school lab when I was at University and then recovered from the University surplus years later - I recently re-capped the power supply on one of these. On the PCs I've a Toshiba Libretto that's the size of a VHS cassette, and a Pentium III in a neat cube form factor case that can be propped up on a corner (Rock city, it was called). Winding back to the 80s I was focused on one of the first computers I got to program on, a Timex Sinclair 2068 and have two units and accessories for these. I also recently acquired a Sinclair QL, a small pile of non-working Spectrum ZXs, a Timex Sinclair 1000, and my favorite of the bunch, a Tandy TRS 80 Model 100.

I do have a small collection of arcade machines that I work on, Marble Madnes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, NBA Jam, and cabaret versions of PacMan, Centipede, Tempest, Arkanoid and Donkey Kong.

I have been to VCF west waaaay back in 2000 or 2001 when it ran with the California Arcade Expo in San Jose, if my memory serves me right.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forums!
The Sinclair QL rare computer, uses a Motorola 68008.

Hello and welcome!

You sure have a nice inventory of vintage kit! You must have plenty of free time. :cool:

Welcome @ArcadeDanger . There are several folks here who know a lot about the Apple II series. I own an Apple IIe and an Apple IIc. But I have not had to do any troubleshooting with them. They both just worked. I did have to figure out how to get software onto the 5.25" disks. I hooked up the Apple IIe to an Windows 8 PC through a serial cable and used ADTPro. But I am not an expert in Apple II stuff. I play mostly with PC stuff.

Interesting you have Spectrum stuff. Did you spend time in UK?

Seaken

Interesting you have Spectrum stuff. Did you spend time in UK?
Family is from Argentina and I spent some time there as a kid, that's where I first played with a Timex Sinclair 2068. The comic books you could pick up at the corner newstand had short Spectrum ZX Basic program listings, and given the TS2068 is a Sinclair derivative I kinda followed that. Haven't been to the UK, yet... :)

Back