• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help on monitor issue with Taxan 770 plus, powers on but video collapses.

Red-blue convergence errors are most obvious when viewing magenta. In fact, when adjusting the red-blue convergence, I do it with a magenta pattern on the screen. The green tends to visually tie the red and blue together, even if they're pretty far off. If you look at the white border, you'll see that the left side of the line has a red shadow, and the right side has a blue shadow. It won't hurt anything (other than your eyes) to leave it as is, but I couldn't live with that much convergence error.
I would agree, though it is interesting that the central error appears worse than the peripheral error (not common for a convergence error), or at least equal, and it is only on the H meridian, there is no vertical component to the error at all, which is often present with a pure convergence error,, which is possible with a pure convergence problem though, but it makes it a little more suspicious for a blue signal timing error as a possibility too. I still think it would pay to check the signal source, and if that was ok, then attempt to adjust the convergence error out with the magnetic rings.

I do have two other EGA adapters I can swap out and see if the same color issues happen.
If the problem appears just as evident on another test signal source, do what Andy suggested, marking the position of the rings first with a pen, so if it becomes difficult, you can get them at least back to the position they were in.

The second video card had the same results. So I went for the tube adjustment. Thanks guys for giving me the confidence to move the convergence rings. I think I got it dialed in about as good as I can get. The magenta looks miles better than it did. I can't thank you all enough for your time and help with getting this monitor back up and running.

Attachments

• 20240216_234723.jpg
    20240216_234723.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240216_232255.jpg
    20240216_232255.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240216_234624.jpg
    20240216_234624.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
The second video card had the same results. So I went for the tube adjustment. Thanks guys for giving me the confidence to move the convergence rings. I think I got it dialed in about as good as I can get. The magenta looks miles better than it did. I can't thank you all enough for your time and help with getting this monitor back up and running.
You have done very well.

Back